Sign in to follow this  
GeekSpeed

Alloy Shocks for Super Hotshot?

Hi everyone.

A few months ago I picked up a Hotshot from eBay that I want to use as a vintage racer (I know it will be slow, I just want to do it for the LOLs).  It had been converted to Super Hotshot (Supershot) suspension and had 4 shocks.  I am looking to replace them with something that is an upgrade from the old shocks.  Does anyone know of any good shocks that would fit?  I have heard that 80mm up front and 100mm in the rear are the proper sizes.  I found a cheap kit on ebay, but I am suspicious of the quality.  I'll put the link below.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  

Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4pcs-Aluminum-Oil-shocks-Damper-For-TAMIYA-1-10-4WD-Super-Hotshot/302260329738

Generally aftermarket shocks aren't any better than cva shocks. At those lengths the 53926 DF03 damper set would work. Check out @Juls1 buggy damper thread on the general discussion forum. You can get thrm for about £40 from ebay vendors in Japan. 

I'd stick with original shocks. If you go aftermarket Chinese there is strong possibility that the springs will be incorrectly rated for the car, and some aftermarket shocks are a slightly larger diameter than CVA and the original springs won't fit without rubbing the bodies. I've always liked the yellow CVAs as they tend not to leak if they're built properly.