Hobgoblin

What's your most intricate paint job?

This was my first atempt at a intricate paint job. It ws on a schumacher club 10 truck.not a grest pic as it is taken from a photo

IMG_20190227_161159.jpg

• Like 2

I thought I'd give this thread a bump for the new year:

i-fWRfSVc-XL.jpg

Hopper's HiLux colour scheme was inspired by my previous TaMater build, and refined with a few more techniques (such as flocking the seats and door panels) too - there are more details in the build thread : here

Jx

• Like 13

Fast forward a year since starting this thread and I have actually a couple of pieces I am proud of. Although they pale in comparison to some of the art (see the wonderful example above ^^)

My 1/8 scale body for my HPI trophy stadium truck. Proline baja body painted in blitzer beetle homage. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also rather pleased with my hardbody blitzer beetle - not too shabby for rattle cans and hand masking :) 

• Like 10

On 2/27/2019 at 11:39 AM, Pata76 said:

Here are my small collection 

IMG-20190223-121327.jpg

What is that - top left? Really don't recognize it! :huh:

• Like 1

just to join in - most hair pulling is a joint award between Sand Scorcher box art and Kamei Golf. Hateful jobs - both of them.

IMG_0668

Most fiddly non-box art would be the Scania I did for a mate:

IMG_0520

though now I know how to do it it would probably be a fair bit easier to do again - I was learning on the job with that one.

Most fiddly non-tamiya would go to @Peter_B's RC10 - which still ranks as my favourite paint job I've done:

rc102

• Like 9

There’s not much you can’t handle is there @jonboy1 👍🏻

So even the pin stripe blue running parallel to the thicker blue line on the side of the Scania is painted on??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

There’s not much you can’t handle is there @jonboy1 👍🏻

So even the pin stripe blue running parallel to the thicker blue line on the side of the Scania is painted on??

:wub: guess who's my new favourite TC member ;)

Yup, pinstripe is painted too

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, Pata76 said:

Here are my small collection 

IMG-20190223-121327.jpg

I just saw this and all I can say is...

WOW!!!

I'd like to see more of the kits underneath those nice painted bodies. They all seem to be heavily modified.

spacer.png

Nothing has ever come close to being as challenging as the 959... all those curves on the inside of the most delicate lexan body... total nightmare. I stick to hardbodies nowadays. Even a complex paint job is easier when you can mask on the outside and sand down and respray any mistakes. Never again!

• Like 5

Scorcher and 959 are a challenge for sure, at least on the 959 some of the decals cover the blue white transition <phew>

1-BCA54-DD-9-E8-C-4083-A8-A6-5754-C225-A

I farmed this RC10 one out for airbrushing, never in a month of sundays would i get anywhere near an acceptable standard ..

IMG-8619.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

What is that - top left? Really don't recognize it! :huh:

Top Force with Madcap body

I think there was a build thread a couple of years ago

• Thanks 1

Some beautiful work in this thread, wow.  You guys have much more patience than I...very nice.

The technique behind the colour fade has always eluded me. I always get blobs of paint where they shouldn't be.

I'll be getting a lot more practice now my son is racing, i think we will be changing shells on a regular basis. Luckily Schumacher shells are much cheaper than Tamiya.

Not too intricate but my own designed paint schemes I did back in 2005/06 for my HPI Pro4.

sX31Kb2h.jpg

DMTxQ5rh.jpg

• Like 1

Probably the most complex job ive done to date. The entire livery is paint including the design on the hood. The design was probably the most difficult part. Mix of rattlecan and airbrush

DSC_0972.JPG

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Apexape said:

Probably the most complex job ive done to date. The entire livery is paint including the design on the hood. The design was probably the most difficult part. Mix of rattlecan and airbrush

DSC_0972.JPG

Even the white dashes! Well done 👍

On 2/14/2020 at 12:03 AM, Apexape said:

DSC_0972.JPG

If Mazda had known the headaches they would be causing future modellers when they created that paintjob for the Le Mans 787, maybe they would have had mercy on us and just painted it plain orange.

• Haha 1