ACCEL

AMG IRON PANTHER

Just came today............................................................

The Box

SDC11183 (2).JPG   

The Package

SDC11185 (2).JPG

The Product

SDC11188 (2).JPG

s-l1600 (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tools

SDC11196 (2).JPG

The Motive

Kevin_Mc and Jason1145 "The Power Rangers"

SDC11205 (2).JPG

& then my Imagination.

This is the beginning of The AMG IRON PANTHER (AKA Eleanor).

Thank you for viewing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Following...  I am intrigued :D

This is Quoted from An Advanced Tamiyan citizen-

after reading this is when i pulled the trigger on the XSPEDE Beadlock Wheels.

they may even have to be glued also....................................................................

Mad Ax

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Mad Ax
  • Members
  • 3167 posts

1.9" and 2.2" refer to the diameter of the rims, and are generally considered to be universal across RC manufacturers. I don't know where it's measured from exactly, but if you see tyres for 1.9 wheels then they should fit every 1.9 wheel, and likewhise with 2.2 tyres.

Now, generally speaking, 1.9 wheels tend to be based on touring car dimensions, and so are usually all the same width, so most 1.9 touring tyres fit most 1.9 touring wheels. Some kits have wider rear wheels which require wider touring tyres. However, when using high-walled off-road tyres, you can usually fit them over any width 1.9 tyre and the big sidewall will just bulge to make up the difference. I have some RC4WD scale tyres on 3-piece wide touring wheels and they look awesome.

Now, 2.2 wheels look a bit more confusing because there are different widths, but it's generally straightforward. There are buggy 2.2s, which generally come in 2 widths (front and rear) like on the DF03, and there are truck 2.2s which are wider and have a very deep offset. You can squidge a wide 2.2 truck tyre onto a 2.2 buggy rim (you may have to glue it) but you can't usually get a 2.2 buggy tyre onto a 2.2 truck rim. When you're looking on Ebay or model websites it's usually quite easy to tell what's a buggy wheel / tyre and what's a truck wheel / tyre, so don't panic about getting the wrong thing.

You've also got 2.2 scale truck wheels and tyres. The wheels are usually narrow like buggy wheels but have a deeper offset, and generally have beadlock rims to hold on very soft tyres. The tyres are also narrow to fit the narrower rims, but they have a high sidewall to maintain ground clearance.

As for overall diameter of 2.2 truck tyres, it really depends on brand, but they all tend to be much the same. Some sites might list the exact external diameter. Rolling radius may vary depending on softness of tyre and hardness of the insert (if used). There are some stadium truck tyres that fit on 2.2 truck rims (like those on the Blitzer Beetle etc) that have lower sidewalls like buggy tyres but are wide enough to fit on truck rims. You can usually spot these fairly easily. To be honest, as long as you don't go for stadium truck tyres, you don't need to panic too much about the overall diameter because it's usually not variable enough between tyres to make a difference to performance or gearing. Most 2.2 truck tyres are based around the "standard" dimensions used by things like the Blackfoot for generations of off-road trucks.

Now, to really throw a spanner in the works, your Clod actually has its own special size. If you want tyres that will fit on your standard Clod rims, look for tyres listed as Clod Buster fitting. I'm not sure what other trucks use Clod size tyres (apart from Super Clod, Juggernaut and TXT) but the best monster truck / crawler websites will list tyres that specifically fit Clod rims.

There's also 40-series wheels, as used on bigger modern trucks like the Traxxas E-Maxx. These have a much bigger rim radius with a lower profile tyre, for better handling at speed. Lots of sites list 40-series wheel and tyre combos.

Of course there's all sorts of confusing sizes in between, like the Lunchbox/Pumpkin/WW2/Mounty size, TLT, HPI super touring (2.2 touring wheels - look awesome on buggies :) ), and so-on and so-forth.

I hope that this post is factually correct and helps you somewhat in your exploration through the wonderful and confusing world of RC tyres. If in doubt, call or email the vendor and ask them - some are very knowledgable and helpful :angry:

THANX!  MAD AX.

Now the Driver of Eleanor

Mad Ax the new addition to the Power Ranger Drivers. (please note: keep arms, legs in ride at all times):lol:

i just had to be sure, i typed up RC Road Tires on Beadlock Wheels and this is one of the posts that came up.

SDC11208 (2).JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

trimming out the shell tomorrow, this kitty's getting groomed.......................

SDC11243 (2).JPG

• Like 1

ok, this seems to be the ticket, working on my GH all of a sudden i realize the coupler plate can be the mounting plate for the wing (the IRON kit comes with one you cut out). 

SDC11245 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Stop with the cool trucks already... the sing looks just mental I lie it a lot, and those couplers are too shiny I must resist!

Finished the Gulf Fox already have we?

Congrats Mad Ax, you can keep us company in the crazy scientists lab while he concocts lovely scale Tamiyas! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Stop with the cool trucks already... the sing looks just mental I lie it a lot, and those couplers are too shiny I must resist!

Finished the Gulf Fox already have we?

Congrats Mad Ax, you can keep us company in the crazy scientists lab while he concocts lovely scale Tamiyas! 

CHECK YOUR PM:o

A plethora of treasures lurk inside this Lenovo lap top, it crashed about two years ago, been saving it for a rainy day, well, it's a rainy day.

the case is anodized aluminum or some type of finish

the body's trimmed out and ready for paint.

SDC11250 (2).JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ACCEL said:

A plethora of treasures lurk inside this Lenovo lap top, it crashed about two years ago, been saving it for a rainy day, well, it's a rainy day.

the case is anodized aluminum or some type of finish

the body's trimmed out and ready for paint.

SDC11250 (2).JPG

Yep I can just imagine all the bits n pieces you can grab from inside that laptop...... it would be a great source for doing an apocolypse end of the world taken over by cyborgs type of rig too!

• Like 1

I’m loving the look of this so far. I like seeing the laptop parts getting involved too. 

@Mad Ax glad to see another truck-nut in the fold :lol:

what's with the min. Pic sizes? mine keep shrinking in MB's, am i posting too many pics? my camera is not current? can i start a Part Deux? 

anyways that's my question of the day.

J1145 that is a GT 40 gulf livery, love your circles:lol: Mr. John Madden.

This Lenovo laptop had miles of way more niftier parts than the HP. the black aluminum is priceless for the hobby.

one major treasure is an aluminum fin heat sink, i'll take photos later after i find out what i'm doing wrong on mega bytes, kilobytes, monkeybites, this just BITES!

There's a saying "Sky's the Limit" but here on Mother Terra it's said "Where the rubber Meets the Road"

i read somewhere that the Iron looks like a Volvo and when i saw the Volvo FH16 Globetrotter 750 then i realized that it has the same features up front.

but i did not realize it until the other day, but i do not think Volvo has a racing heritage at least not here in the states that i have heard of. i googled it and there is some.

Thus the Mercedes Benz AMG theme for this build, a nice array of stickers for this that i have my eye on, some here, some on their way and a few more to order.

well we could change Mad Ax's Power Ranger from black to the pink or yellow:D when i read the tire info that's when it hit me, it just happened to be on Tamiya Club with Mad Ax's post

Black tires, Black Power Ranger.

This Dash shall win a major award................................. .............................................................want to see it? you can't, i can not post anymore photos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

these things to help make the rear end pieces (not shown is the Ridgid orbital sander), exhaust vent plates and push plate.

the IRON Logo is going to be a running light in red.

SDC11257 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Don't take a left turn on a red light.................................

SDC11258 (2).JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

it's so funny, again before photos i see what i see and then after posting here all the imperfections just pop out like tiny sore thumbs, but that's why they make paint pens.

so a lil' more touch up, I found Flat Top LED's (did not see these coming until i googled diffused led 5mm lights) BAM! they do make them.

i do not like spots, unless it's for my jeep or bronco rc 4x4's or my back yard patio lights. just WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too bright (notice the shape of the bulb above) it's reflecting off the mirror shelf, it's not in its housing bucket yet. i'll touch the tip up with Testors Signal Red Enamel to help relieve that yellow/orange flavor.

it was a decision between Tamiya's TR419XR, Schumacher MI6, Yokomo BD9, or Xray T4, read up on all them and they are all Radical, AE has parts everywhere and Amain and a bunch of others i shop at carry a plethora of their goodies. RCTECH had some fairly good insight of what this lineage of chassis has gone through.

qGV1wms.jpg

The plus side to this decision was the approval of the four Icons below........................

X8iVrCo.jpg

• Like 1

Oh Glow!

zh2AqHB.jpg

Lighted dash board coming up....................... Lights, wheels, and motor oh! my!

• Like 2