ACCEL

AMG IRON PANTHER

There are things that lurk in the dark, sometimes you just have to see what it is....................

YZ4y1dW.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

Wow - that looks evil 

Now now Kev, she's a nice kitty, i'll have to post the front end tonight (now i've let the cat out of the bag) in light so you are not so scared.

i pean back and can not believe what she has become, the Gulf helped to remind me "Not so much, a little less hardware" (that's hard to resist) but being this is more of an exotic ride than Race livery and truly believe when this body popped up in my email The Iron was already finished in my head before i could click to order.

who knows a 1:1 scaled slightly down version could be the ticket.

The possibilities were very clear to me........................

eHCqNh1.jpg

• Haha 1

Fly with me...

there's some nice ESSO stickers on the sides, just can't seem um'......................................Yet................................:P:D

the sticker is reflective, when i took a flash photo the yellow became silver and the red became yellow:o so i took without the flash.

3taxwYj.jpg

all the tedious deeds are done.

fitment for the roll cage and dash board, manual telescopic steering wheel, seat, windshield wipers, wire loom to the cab lifting servo, a lil' Goop around the light buckets, few more stickers, pillar RPM gauge mount, sweep tube for the cab lifting servo rod and horn, all these items i made and pre- fitted earlier and are ready to be re-installed.

waiting for computer fan dust filter mesh, black aluminum conical washers, and an ESC, then i'll get back to the FFG. and assemble the TC7.2 chassis.

• Like 3

yes it's a bit raw back there, you'll never see it again when the cab is on, the front of the dash is very nice though, wanna see you, cant, my camera only takes rear footage:lol:............... take notice to the manual telescopic steering wheel (next Pic).

Mad AX has a cup holder, notice coming off the view monitor screen, it's from a Scripto lighter, it's the flame adjuster lever. since the Gulf didn't get one. Mad Ax can legally drink and drive but only in this rig.

LiKtGJe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

working on the cockpit now, the black aluminum conical's came in just now, had silver ones but black would look a lil' better. forward pics soon as i fit the roll cage and then pics will follow, up right pillars are Axial left over links, could of made them from aluminum, just get bored using the same materials sometimes.

hopefully the steering wheel will post a better color Testors Model Masters Rust it reminds me of a wood steering wheel. just want to say thanx for all the fun. the FFG is being stubborn ( i couldn't paint a barn) the clear crazed on the left side, fine, wet sand and re- clear ohhhh!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,, the right side crazes ohhh!!!!,,,.... i get to do it again... the under shots later when i revive the Fat Fox Gulf thread again will tell the prolong story of the the things you do not let Eric do, i'm known to cause cancer in the state of California:lol:

SsXVtWo.jpg

• Like 2

Just wow. Look at that wiring harness! 

Your skills are impressive. I’d love to see photos of this finished sitting bext to your Gulf when it’s fully finished too, they’ll look great together 

• Thanks 1

A cockpit session:

i assembled this steering wheel several weeks ago, it's ok, 3D printed Ebay purchased (purchased a few metal and this type, i've made steering wheels from plastic servo horns, not bad either), well it has six of the most tiniest  of screws for the hub, really not needed being it was plastic epoxied to my mom's syringe for her insulin shots, thus the manual telescopic steering wheel. i've been looking off and on for a center button cap and had a few ideas, SS screw head, lil tiny sticker, fill the void and just paint it oh no not me i wait, off and on i'll search around when somethn' itches my thoughts, nothing, until today............... one of the most least expensive ball point pens on planet earth is sporting a Mercedes-Benz Emblem, looking for wiper blades in my jar of pen pieces (pens are not just for writing) i sift through all these parts and one of the caps flips just so and BAM! there it is, my Center Piece, a BIC pen cap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....

MetHzEy.jpg

there they are black aluminum conical washers recessed for socket head screws finishing off gold anodized aluminum knitting needles.

Red carbon fiber vinyl wrap, black/silver carbon fiber car rubber bumper molding strips, Axial black plastic suspension links, seat once again paracord, Dremel box parts divider, and eye glass protector case. instrument panel (i cheated) RC4WD and their gauges, lil' rhinestones, RPM gauge another Axial part, stick shift is a dental floss toothpick thingy (used two of these for a stationary swivel container box car crane lift on my Z scale train set) and the knob is a blind nut from the Lenovo lap top so is the border around the monitor view screen and the aluminum vent under dash and as other various pieces through out. shift boot from my stock of RC boat parts for steering rods. chrome ring on steering column (Got To Love Pens). other stickers on dash/ and monitor from FreqEsKinz.com

zxPN9gJ.jpg

• Like 2

75i1jUY.jpg

KBK Fire extinguisher container, a shock (damper), Roll cage more links and aluminum rod and black aluminum conical washers. Blue Bird micro servo BMS 105 HV

That's for the cab lift. Small black rubber pads yep, Lenovo parts and a zip tie. M-B emblem that's one of two for the interior, where can the other one be? look up later.

Mad ax's mug in cup holder (the quickest scratch build item i have ever done) it's heat shrink tubing (two sizes) and a metal pin bent for the handle.Sj4kjCt.jpg

• Like 1

Do you ever question your sanity? That is insane amounts of detail!! Amazing.