nowinaminute

Minor emergency, need 84175 4x11.5mm Step Screw ASAP!

Can anyone help a brother out? Travelled from Wales to England with my daughter to visit family and took my Heavy Dump Truck but the **** steering screw fell out this morning after 2 minutes and I can't find it! I ordered a pack off eBay but not sure how long they will take to get here.

We're supposed to go on a family outing to the park tomorrow and everyone was eager to see this crazy little truck in action so I'm trying to get hold of a replacement. I rang the two nearest model shops but they have none in stock.

Does anyone have a pack or even just one they could post to me first class so it would be here tomorrow? I'll cover all the costs of course.

I think it's the same part as used in the WT01, TT02B etc

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

I've a load at home but no way it'd get to you tomorrow 😞

Where abouts are you?  

Sure I have some from the top force as I swapped to king pins. I’d need to double check but again not sure they’d get to you by tomorrow. 

30 minutes ago, svenb said:

I've a load at home but no way it'd get to you tomorrow 😞

Aww thanks anyway dude.

I've been out the front street looking for it, I only went up and down a few times with the truck but I can't see the stupid thing anywhere. I even took a load of photos of the ground so I could analyse them back indoors but nothing lol. I'll probably find it again in 2027 during a visit lol

About time I got some metal uprights I think, fed up of this happening on my trump truck, twin det, farm king, tl01b etc. I already put some yeah racing step bolts on the upper suspension links so I could put nuts on and lock them. These things just have a habit of undoing themselves after a while. It might be better if I added grease but I feel like that will just become grinding paste with the amount of dirt and sand I drive in.

5 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Where abouts are you?  

Sure I have some from the top force as I swapped to king pins. I’d need to double check but again not sure they’d get to you by tomorrow. 

I'm in Southampton currently mate. I guess it depends how far apart we are, first class is usually good for next day but if the distance is great it can end up being 2

7 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

I'm in Southampton currently mate. I guess it depends how far apart we are, first class is usually good for next day but if the distance is great it can end up being 2

Well just checked and the Top Force ones are indeed 4x11.5 (according to manual and a quick ruler check)

How many do you want. Got 4 doing nothing but languishing at the bottom of the box!

I’m in Manchester. Anyone’s guess whether it would get to you by tomorrow but happy to try. 

PM me if you want. 

Just now, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Well just checked and the Top Force ones are indeed 4x11.5 (according to manual and a quick ruler check)

How many do you want. Got 4 doing nothing but languishing at the bottom of the box!

I’m in Manchester. Anyone’s guess whether it would get to you by tomorrow but happy to try. 

PM me if you want. 

WILL PM you mate, cheers!

Royal Mail Next day AM delivery g/teed is the way , but is costly - large letter £6.50p next day by 1pm

Rule #7: if you take a Tamiya on holiday, a small but significant part that you do not have a spare for will go missing on the first day.

Rule #8: any local model shop located near your chosen holiday destination will carry no Tamiya stock, or will carry all Tamiya stock apart from the part you lost in Rule #7.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Looks like Man1c M0nk3y has me sorted! Hopefully they will turn up. I'm here till Saturday but typically the weather is supposed to go belly up from Thursday onwards!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

Looks like Man1c M0nk3y has me sorted! Hopefully they will turn up. I'm here till Saturday but typically the weather is supposed to go belly up from Thursday onwards!

Fingers crossed they turn up in time pal. 

Looks like we might be out of luck sadly. The normal time my mum gets her post was an hour ago and we've had nothing.

A bit annoying because the ones I ordered online were dispatched by first class yesterday too but no sign of those either! 

Oh well, it wasn't really worth paying the extra for special delivery! 

I might try and make do with the missing screw, god knows I've done it in the past with the regularity they fall out mid run lol

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Looks like we might be out of luck sadly. The normal time my mum gets her post was an hour ago and we've had nothing.

A bit annoying because the ones I ordered online were dispatched by first class yesterday too but no sign of those either! 

Oh well, it wasn't really worth paying the extra for special delivery! 

I might try and make do with the missing screw, god knows I've done it in the past with the regularity they fall out mid run lol

****. Worth a try but what a shame.

Royal Mail, rubbish 😂

15 minutes after I left for the day....

20190227_194547-768x1024.thumb.jpg.fb165395d7a6c1fd7702f9546694561c.jpg

I suppose expecting anything else was overly optimistic :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1