Uranium

universal shafts for the tt02?

hi. i wonder how many threads i've made are just questions only.

i was out mucking around in my neighborhood cul de sac until i had a stupid crash and one of the front dog bones fell out, and now i can't find it so i can't drive it for a while now. i think it'll be a good time for universal shafts now...because crashing and breaking things as an excuse to get hop ups always works.

will item 53792 fit? i know it's listed under the hop ups page, but the shaft looks too long to fit. i know i'll have to get the universal cup joints as well, but i still question whether they'll fit or they're just too long to work. will they fit? a picture of them equipped will also be nice, if anyone could be bothered to do it. thank you!

Yep that set will work, I have them fitted to mine. 

They'll fit quite a few other chassis's like tl01 ta04 tt01 etc etc 

I have the blue aluminium shafts on the rear of mine plus the titanium wheel axles, I can take a photo tonight if you want!? 

Sven

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, svenb said:

I have the blue aluminium shafts on the rear of mine plus the titanium wheel axles, I can take a photo tonight if you want!?

only if you feel like it, i don't want to force you to do something if you don't want to.

I don't mind, give an hour just got in from work 😉

• Thanks 1

Just a quick note, mine is a tt02s but I had the same universals on my old non S. And their not titanium axles🙄 aluminium lightweight instead. 

1551565046492-2018040945.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, svenb said:

Just a quick note, mine is a tt02s but I had the same universals on my old non S. And their not titanium axles🙄 aluminium lightweight instead. 

1551565046492-2018040945.jpg

thank you! i guess they just look a lot longer from being thin...

53 minutes ago, svenb said:

Just a quick note, mine is a tt02s but I had the same universals on my old non S.

Did you upgrade your Type-S from a standard TT02?

Type-S manual specifies 42mm dogbones (51048) or 42mm universals (54515) as the suspension arms are longer, from a TA05.

Yep upgraded it to a type S, using 42mm on the rear but kept 39mm up front, still fit fine. 

Inwas just about to post a similar thread. My YR70’s universals lost the pin. I’ve tried to make a tempoary fix with a wheel pin. How can the pins be secured to stop them falling out?