Sign in to follow this  
ACCEL

Picture advice

trying to post some pictures, why does the kilobytes and megabytes keep going less each time i post a pic? is there a limit on each thread? per person? or?

Thank you.

Yeah, I recall its very low - if you have directly attached an image into a threqd you have a max of about 4.5mb. This could be a single large file or lots of lower quality smaller files. Thats my understanding - otherwise you need to use a 3rd party image hosting site

• Thanks 1

I have never bothered with posting directly on here. Get a Flickr account and then simply copy the link of the photo on here and it will appear. You get 1000 photos on Flickr with a free account. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Each account has 50mb of storage here, once that runs out you have to either delete items or choose another hoster. The amount can’t be increased. 

I’ve got an account setup at tcphotos.net which I use. If you contact them with your tamiyaclub user name they can set you up an account. It may be quicker to setup Flickr or similar.

Juls

• Thanks 2

just post the pic then go back and edit the post and add more pics that way thats the way i do it and when i reach the limit on my account i just delete pics that aint needed

• Thanks 1

THANX to All for responding.

when i first joined i was stoked, i could load pics without a second party, my son had me on Photobucket years ago and all those pics are gone.

i'll just have to get an account then.

is there one i won't say better but that is a good source, i here accounts all i think of is all the Dumb A$$ cell phone providers:lol: and truly they are not funny.

anyways it lasted awhile and i have never posted this many pics in my entire life before in this digital era (we have boxes and photo book albums in the closet)

even still have a Polaroid for fun & giggles.

Thanx so much again,

yours truly,

ems

Imgur has no limit, no fee.   

You cannot upload any 1 picture bigger than 20MB.  But, no limit in terms of the number of pics you can post.  I'm using PC. When I post, I tear a tab from the browser for imgur so I can have 2 windows. I drag photo to desktop, then drag it to imgur, and then drag that to the thread.  Haven't tried imgur from a phone, though.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do all my posts through tcphotos.net directly from my iPhone. Works flawlessly. 

Note: tcphotos = Tamiya Club Photos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Juls1 said:

I do all my posts through tcphotos.net directly from my iPhone. Works flawlessly. 

Note: tcphotos = Tamiya Club Photos. 

Does the 50MB limit apply?  

34 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Does the 50MB limit apply?  

No limits of any description as far as I can tell

go to tcphotos.net click contact. Send your tamiyaclub user name and a nice Please can I have an account to Chris and he should set you up. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Juls1 said:

No limits of any description as far as I can tell

go to tcphotos.net click contact. Send your tamiyaclub user name and a nice Please can I have an account to Chris and he should set you up. 

I’ll second this, very easy to use on the iPhone too.

• Thanks 1

You all have been so very helpful, i shall remember this always, this place Rocks, Tamiya Citizens are Golden:)

• Like 2

@ACCEL i totally agree - this is by far the best / most helpful / friendliest forum i’ve ever been on

On 3/5/2019 at 11:15 AM, Juggular said:

Imgur has no limit, no fee.   

You cannot upload any 1 picture bigger than 20MB.  But, no limit in terms of the number of pics you can post.  I'm using PC. When I post, I tear a tab from the browser for imgur so I can have 2 windows. I drag photo to desktop, then drag it to imgur, and then drag that to the thread.  Haven't tried imgur from a phone, though.  

ok, i gave imgur a try it seems to work, but it's only coming out like this https://imgur.com/orLbB3x now i'm trying from desk top, does the same thing.

i think it'll be fine that way, Thanx a Bunch again Juggular and the others again also. now you all have created an IRON monster:D

how about when dad spent all day at a Fair came home to develop his photos and no film in the camera i was about 12 years old then.

HA!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

ok, i gave imgur a try it seems to work, but it's only coming out like this https://imgur.com/orLbB3x now i'm trying from desk top, does the same thing.

i think it'll be fine that way, Thanx a Bunch again Juggular and the others again also. now you all have created an IRON monster:D

how about when dad spent all day at a Fair came home to develop his photos and no film in the camera i was about 12 years old then.

HA!

Is this it?  

94dSnKL.jpg

Click on the thumbnail first.  If you were to drag the thumbnail itself, it will only show the address.  

8KnqPvK.jpg

If you click the thumbnail, it will show that picture enlarged. 

goh1Ytz.jpg

You can drag that picture to a TC thread. 

P.S.  I think one of my old cameras has a film in it from 1998 or so.  That was before I met my wife, so... it would be a VERY good idea for ME to get it developed.  Then again, we don't even know where to get it developed, so I'm safe.  

• Thanks 1

That's the one, 

6 hours ago, Juggular said:

Is this it?  

94dSnKL.jpg

Click on the thumbnail first.  If you were to drag the thumbnail itself, it will only show the address.  

8KnqPvK.jpg

If you click the thumbnail, it will show that picture enlarged. 

goh1Ytz.jpg

You can drag that picture to a TC thread. 

P.S.  I think one of my old cameras has a film in it from 1998 or so.  That was before I met my wife, so... it would be a VERY good idea for ME to get it developed.  Then again, we don't even know where to get it developed, so I'm safe.  

ea