Sign in to follow this  
Jason1145

How do you attach your USA Flag to a Bullhead?

Yet another Bullhead question ;)

I didn't think the USA Flag was a stock item as it isn't shown on the Box Art, or listed in the manual unless I missed it... but it does have a Tamiya part number 8025004 so ???

Anyhow, I can't stop drooling over my Bully so treated it to the flag and it's arrived but there's no way to mount it... unless I make a hole in the corner and zip tie it onto the roll bar?

How you guys fitted your flag?

I see this builder over on TamiyaBase does wrap it around the rollbar - it looks like tape, double-sided or otherwise, keeps it on:

model_58089_04.jpg

Tape seems likely, as there are no visible holes.

I always figured a flag like that would be on an antenna aerial/mast, like the metal ones that were issued in classic kits. It would serve a purpose, then, even in this antenna-less age.

• Like 1

Step 1: Buy case of Budweiser Beer

Step 2: Buy high-caliber firearm

Step 3: Chug can of Bud while firing an AR-15 into the air and shout "Murrica!" as you attach said USA flag

Step 4: Profit???

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Technically, the standard AR-15 isn't high caliber, but I think there's a 50 cal version of it out there somewhere. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

Technically, the standard AR-15 isn't high caliber, but I think there's a 50 cal version of it out there somewhere. 

I spent 20+ years in the Army and still can't sift through the civilian world of firearms :P I'll just be over here with my .303 SMLE, tea, and strumpets. 

Crumpets?

Jason it is meant to be attached using sewing thread. There is two small ribbed sections on the roll bar to stop the thread sliding down. There is a section in the manual about it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, berman said:

Crumpets?

No, strumpets :P

3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Yet another Bullhead question ;)

I didn't think the USA Flag was a stock item as it isn't shown on the Box Art, or listed in the manual unless I missed it... but it does have a Tamiya part number 8025004 so ???

Anyhow, I can't stop drooling over my Bully so treated it to the flag and it's arrived but there's no way to mount it... unless I make a hole in the corner and zip tie it onto the roll bar?

How you guys fitted your flag?

I used a needle and white thread. Its looped around those indention's on the roll bar.

• Like 1

You're right guys... it was hiding on Step 40 at the bottom!

Wire through the two ribbed indentations thanks tons it will look much neater than how I was planning on doing it ;)