Sign in to follow this  
Kevin_Mc

HPI Datsun 240Z mini shell

As title - looking for a new and unpainted 240z shell to suit an m-chassis. 

It doean’t have to be HPI if anyone knows of any others that are 225mm wheelbase. 

I was watching a new one on eBay but they sold out by the time i was ready to pull the trigger. 

Thank you for looking. That ABC body is lovely, pity it’s the wrong size. 

I have an m-chassis here specially built for an HPI 240z shell. I wish i had clicked the one on eBay sooner. There’s loads on pre-order / back order with various sellers now but now actually in stock anywhere. 

A 1:1 240z has a wheelbase of 2.31m so the closest that is made to scale is the 225mm one i think. The 257mm ones, including Tamiya’s, are too big in my opinion. 

i always saw these various size so called 1/10's just never knew that. thanx for that information dear fella.

anyways all i know is in the Z scale train world a 1/2" = 9 feet HA! it's a crazy lil' world.

like Tamiya calls the Buggyra and their MAN 1/14 yet that Bittydesign calls the Iron 1/10th and they are the same size go figure. maybe in refrence that it fits 1:10 chassis.

well i'll keep a watch out, now you have me wanting a Z:lol: that Fair Lady is about the same color as Bad Agness

• Haha 2