Sign in to follow this  
Mikey B

Buggy moving without controller input

Hi - just joined the Tamiya Club and returning to the hobby since my teens. I have a vintage (late 80s) Monster Beetle and a newly built Plasma Edge 2. I'm having some problems with the Plasma Edge 2 - it'll drive fine for a few minutes, and then randomly when I lift off the controller trigger the car will keep running (at a slow speed). I then have to use full reverse just to get the car to stop. Turning the car off, and then on again cures the problem, but it inevitably returns. I ran the car a few times initially and this wasn't a problem, but the last few times I've run it, it seems to happen every time. It's as if the controller or ESC become stuck "on". I use an ikonnik et3 transmitter / receiver and schumacher quickrun 1060 ESC. Any help / advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Do you have a different transmitter and receiver to test with? I had the same thing happen with a cheap transmitter/receiver. It came down to the throttle innards on the transmitter being flaky. If you held the throttle back the tiniest bit it would hold neutral. This issue would come and go... eventually it went for good when I replaced the transmitter.

Have you tried the trimm? 

The "CH2" dial should be neutral, right in the middle. 

And then try to reset the ESC?   

Z9nkZHB.jpg

Hi - thanks both for the advice and tips.

I have a second transmitter and receiver so will try that out if the problem persists. 

I have also made sure the trim is centred and did reset the ESC - fingers crossed that will have done the trick. 

Thanks!

• Like 1