rc-martin

3d Printed HotShot Chassis

On 4/4/2020 at 9:23 AM, Snappy1 said:

RC Martin, Have you had any issues with the dog bones falling out or jamming since the ball diffs were fitted?

I have been having issues with a modified bigwig, I fitted Top Force uni's and it seems to be ok now

Love your work,,,,,,,

Hi, yes, the dog bones are too small, i was pretty annoyed as they're an expensive hop up. I've got some old thundeshot universals on the front now which are fine and on the back i have added a small spring inside the diff outdrive and a 2mm foam pad inside the hub drive and the shafts seem to fit ok at that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rc-martin said:

Hi, yes, the dog bones are too small, i was pretty annoyed as they're an expensive hop up. I've got some old thundeshot universals on the front now which are fine and on the back i have added a small spring inside the diff outdrive and a 2mm foam pad inside the hub drive and the shafts seem to fit ok at that.

Ah, ok I am pretty sure the Thundershot uni's and the Top Force uni's are the same part,

Thanks for that

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 2:14 PM, howaboutme said:

Looks great. What wheels are those?

They're Tamiya, same as fitted to Dark Impact but in white

• Like 1

Awesome project - hats off to you . How about black or carbon front damper bell cranks to blend in more ? .

• Like 1

Are there any files you can share to print the chassis locally? 

Awesome project. This Hotshot with 4 dampers remind me one I saw on a video with 5 dampers:  It was made by a Japanase guy, probably a designer from Tamiya, it kept the orginal external design from the front, but had 2 dampers hidden in the chassis with pivots. But yours is already a great one :-D