Sign in to follow this  
TwistedxSlayer

Calling in a favour please guys and gals.

Long story short....

I need someone or some people with a selection of Tamiya touring cars... TB03-TB05. TBEvo2 - TB Evo7. TA04-TA07. Not the TT01 or TT02. They don't fit what I have in mind.

To measure please the width of the mounting holes where the screws go that the suspension shock towers mount onto the chassis.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

You mean the distance between the screw holes for mounting the shock tower? I have a TB-03 I can measure...

• Like 1

Just now, TurnipJF said:

You mean the distance between the screw holes for mounting the shock tower? I have a TB-03 I can measure...

Yes please

I have a few I can measure😉

• Thanks 1

Front please. Sorry should have stated that. I've got a magic number in mind that I need one to be.

TRF cars are also very welcome to be measured.

I make the TB-03 to be 38.5mm or very close thereto. (Measured with a steel ruler, not one of those fancy caliper things that I don't own.)

• Thanks 1

TB03, TB04, and TB EVO 6 all seem to measure 38 mm between the two outermost damper stay mount screws.  All of these have a third center mount screw, too, at a different elevation from the two outer screws.

TA06 seems to measure 25.5 mm between the two outermost damper stay mount screws.  On my TA06R, there are two screws per side (four total).

My TA05V2 is built with IFS, so I don't have a measurement for it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

TB03, TB04, and TB EVO 6 all seem to measure 38 mm between the two outermost damper stay mount screws.  All of these have a third center mount screw, too, at a different elevation from the two outer screws.

TA06 seems to measure 25.5 mm between the two outermost damper stay mount screws.  On my TA06R, there are two screws per side (four total).

My TA05V2 is built with IFS, so I don't have a measurement for it.

The TA05V2... What does the rear tower measure? I've yet to see Tamiya have different mounting sizes front front to rear as it appears the like to use the same gearboxes front and rear.

Also, if you are interesting in a non-Tamiya option, the front damper stay on my 3Racing Sakura D4 measures 28 mm between the two outer screws.

• Thanks 1

Basically... I need one that is 30mm this gives me an option on my TB01 for a carbon fibre tower rather than just mounting the suspension directly to the gearbox.

I made some carbon towers for the tb01. They are probably archived, but I will try to dig them out and I can get a set made via fibrelyte at cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Basically... I need one that is 30mm this gives me an option on my TB01 for a carbon fibre tower rather than just mounting the suspension directly to the gearbox.

Wait. Which bulkhead are you using? TB01 or TB Evo? The way the damper stays attach is very different from one to the next.

If you are looking for TB Evo stays:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-58267-TB-Evolution-TB-Evo-1-4035056-14035056-Front-Damper-Stay-NIP/292674467854?epid=1223674849&hash=item4424c1f80e:g:E74AAOSwgQdbwLXc&frcectupt=true

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-58267-TB-Evolution-4035057-14035057-Rear-Damper-Stay-NEW/382196724794?epid=525684017&hash=item58fcb3343a:g:aXQAAOSwo4pYEifM&frcectupt=true

The regular TB01 never had Tamiya-produced carbon plates, however I do have a set that was made by Racy that do the job perfectly with my LA setup. If @qatmix can't find their drawings, I can do a quick drawing and provide some dimensions as needed. B)

1 hour ago, qatmix said:

I made some carbon towers for the tb01. They are probably archived, but I will try to dig them out and I can get a set made via fibrelyte at cost.

I’ve messaged fibrelyte and need to send them an original mount or a very good drawing.

@OCD I’m will be using the TB01 bulkhead. I’ve seen a Racy set before for the TB01 but can’t find one. I totally forgot about the TL01 in my measurement requests. I’m not looking for the Evo stays due to the 4 screw mount design but if needs be I’ll happily trim a set down to fit my needs, but I’m aiming to avoid that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qatmix said:

Many thanks also, that would be perfect. I’m not far from you actually, I’m only in Bolton.

• Like 1

I’m out tomorrow but will sort it next week. I will be able to get the drawings 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The TA07 Pro is 28mm, thats the centre of the hole to centre. It has 4 screws, 2 each side vertically. I think the R and carbon ones will be the same as they have the same bulkheads, the MS has alloy bulkhead so they may be different.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The TA07 Pro is 28mm, thats the centre of the hole to centre. It has 4 screws, 2 each side vertically. I think the R and carbon ones will be the same as they have the same bulkheads, the MS has alloy bulkhead so they may be different.

Same as tb evo 4