Sign in to follow this  
magnumb

Display Stand Options

When using display stands what do you prefer?

I'd like to keep the tires from getting a flat spots and would like something adjustable and invisible.  

Was thinking of using small 3" round foam circles and stack the height i need...but not sure if there are other cheap options.  

I use the cheap plastic boxes typically used for Chinese takeaways. Nice and stable, neat and unobtrusive, cheaper than chips, available in a variety of depths to suit cars of different cars ground clearances and also great for keeping spares in. For the cars I race regularly, I keep a selection of the spares most often needed trackside in the box/stand and take it out with me when I take the car anywhere. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

I use the cheap plastic boxes typically used for Chinese takeaways. Nice and stable, neat and unobtrusive, cheaper than chips, available in a variety of depths to suit cars of different cars ground clearances and also great for keeping spares in. For the cars I race regularly, I keep a selection of the spares most often needed trackside in the box/stand and take it out with me when I take the car anywhere. 

I do something similar with the round plastic tubs from butter or cream cheese. One of these days, I'll get around to painting them black and making labels for them, like I always meant to...

I use the boxes that motors and ESCs come in,  they are a great size for buggies. I use them on the shelf and also in the boxes that I keepmy race cars in so they don't sit on their wheels or arms - they can be put away with or without wheels depending on what happens.  Trackstar, Surpass and Speed Passion boxes are good, Orca and Trinity don't work.

I use the lid from the Tamiya spray paints so I’ve got a colour coded stand for each model but they are too short for the 3 speed models, I also use some old/spare tyres on they’re  side

I use Plazmost stands for some, Tamiya paint can tops for others.  I've also used old wheels/tires stacked up and even old NiCd battery packs.  Blocks of wood cut to size would be cheap as well.  You can even paint the wood to jazz it up.

i use pit stands for most of mine and my bruiser currently sits on axle stands but i have got my eyes on one of them clear stands superchamp use form the guy in france when i get the spare cash to buy one and the rest i have made my own stands from a piece of fibre glass sheet from my last place of work that got binned but my 2 trucks are not yet raised up

21 hours ago, magnumb said:

When using display stands what do you prefer?

I'd like to keep the tires from getting a flat spots and would like something adjustable and invisible.  

Was thinking of using small 3" round foam circles and stack the height i need...but not sure if there are other cheap options.  

Honestly, imo Lego bricks are the best option to make custom and discreet display stands.

Loads of options and combinations, quick to assemble, super glue if you want it fixed and can be sprayed black etc. 

• Like 1