Sign in to follow this  
salvine

Ideas wanted for painting a 911 GT1

I have a TGX shell that can't really be used to finish like the box art so I think I'll do it up like the other aircraft themed cars I've done. I'm thinking WWII German like the AMG GT3 but a different scheme of camo or possibly camo/bare aluminum. Post up some cool options here please. 

AMG front.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

• Like 5

Two tone dark grey over light grey with the eagle motif on the sides over the front wheel arch like the FW-190?

Should be quite simple to design a decal as its very geomtric design.

fw190a448sm_1.jpg

• Like 1

I bet I could find large scale decals for the artwork. maybe 1/32 or 1/24th. It will be painted from the outside.

3 hours ago, salvine said:

I have a TGX shell that can't really be used to finish like the box art so I think I'll do it up like the other aircraft themed cars I've done. I'm thinking WWII German like the AMG GT3 but a different scheme of camo or possibly camo/bare aluminum. Post up some cool options here please. 

AMG front.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

That thing looks sick!!

Not World War II specifically, but similar to some of the German schemes - this one is Yellow 13 from the video game Ace Combat 04:

c89758b10fbde65ed96368d73d5ad670.jpg

Monochromatic grey splinter camouflage with broad yellow bands could be quite striking.

How about the pink pig livery or maybe even a nice road car

I could never really get the whole pink pig livery?? MCI does offer two versions though...The throwback idea is cool though. Rothmans, Martini. maybe even a Lizard version

if you want to stick to a german theme, i'd suggest something inspired by this.1465750480-1251145647.thumb.jpg.8bedbfc8bc822ab9badcbb917d95c6ff.jpg

admittedly it might look a bit tacky, but if you're open to anything i'd suggest either a gulf, martini racing or brumos porsche livery.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, salvine said:

Hope you don't mind, but I think I might try to do something aircraft-inspired on my FGX EVO 2018 shell.  I like the examples you've posted in the past and wouldn't mind something aggressive for this F1 chassis...

30 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Hope you don't mind, but I think I might try to do something aircraft-inspired on my FGX EVO 2018 shell.  I like the examples you've posted in the past and wouldn't mind something aggressive for this F1 chassis...

By all means have at it!. It's easier top paint from the outside. Spray the shell with PS55 first. I have had good results with the AS line of paints sticking although I don't run these bodies on a car.