Sign in to follow this  
Barnoid

2011 Avante with brushless?

Hi all, and sorry if this has been covered before.

I'm looking to put a little steam in my Avante's strides by installing brushless; the stock motor feels a little sedate compared to my other beloved antiques. My usual go-to, the Speed Passion 13.5t, won't fit without filing the top plate back, and it also seems to interfere with the trailing arm on that side (at least with the stock 22t pinion); the leads emerging from the back also take up too much room and generally it's a no-go.

So what does everyone use? Are there any motors which will fit without having to do any abrasive maintenance? ;-) And what pinion? I'm not looking any anything too spicy - 13.5t will do me happily. Or should I just run a hotter brushed motor? 

What are your thoughts?

Cheers, Barney

51 minutes ago, Barnoid said:

Hi all, and sorry if this has been covered before.

I'm looking to put a little steam in my Avante's strides by installing brushless; the stock motor feels a little sedate compared to my other beloved antiques. My usual go-to, the Speed Passion 13.5t, won't fit without filing the top plate back, and it also seems to interfere with the trailing arm on that side (at least with the stock 22t pinion); the leads emerging from the back also take up too much room and generally it's a no-go.

So what does everyone use? Are there any motors which will fit without having to do any abrasive maintenance? ;-) And what pinion? I'm not looking any anything too spicy - 13.5t will do me happily. Or should I just run a hotter brushed motor? 

What are your thoughts?

Cheers, Barney

• Like 1

This should give you an idea of what motor to look for going brushless. Otherwise a Tamiya Super Stock motor will drop straight in, and give more speed than the GT tuned, but is still brushed.

• Like 1

Sweet! Thanks!

I've just looked it up - that looks awesome. I'll keep an eye out for something like that in the UK :-D

Ta

Barney

I ran a Novak 10.5 brushless with Lipo in my Avante black with zero issues. The gearbox in the Avante is pretty much bomb proof.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GTodd said:

I ran a Novak 10.5 brushless with Lipo in my Avante black with zero issues. The gearbox in the Avante is pretty much bomb proof.

Cheers for that!  Can you recall what pinion you used?

I'll check when i get home, it's now in my egress.

• Like 1