Nicadraus

CC01 - in memory of my dad.

4 hours ago, ringding350 said:

Amazing resto, kudos on the attention to detail and the effort you've put in.  Also appreciate the stories about both the Dads. B)

Thank you! :)

• Like 1

I forgot to add these pics. I installed a roof rack with added fog lamps. The headlights/tail lights and front fog lamps are switched on the 3rd channel while the roof lamps are switched on the 4th channel.

hoyiWCSh.jpg

wFpudVRh.jpg

uKpw1Fqh.jpg

MTQ4RDfh.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great resto, and a really nice back story about your Dad. 👍

What’s the 1:1 in the background? French hot hatch?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rjg1973 said:

Great resto, and a really nice back story about your Dad. 👍

What’s the 1:1 in the background? French hot hatch?

It's my baby. A '98 Corolla sedan. 

aVDPV8nh.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

It's my baby. A '98 Corolla sedan. 

aVDPV8nh.jpg

Nice! The Sparco wheels are cool!

• Like 1

It's been a while since I last updated this thread. 

The CC-01 got some upgrade treatments.

New set of 85mm dampers with internal springs for front and rear.. These were extras that I ordered for the Wild One but were in black. I decided to replace the ones of WO to all silver. Surprisingly, these work great on the CC-01 and looks more realistic that those big bore shocks to be honest. The rebound and damping is also great.

oht3fnch.jpg

6W1iA0ih.jpg

Skid plates. Now, no need to worry on this rocks and stones scraping underneath the chassis and damaging the center shaft and suspension arm plates. 

prXWntPh.jpg

7R322Mlh.jpg

QEb6OUch.jpg

M6K9PtOh.jpg

ZN1EHWph.jpg

That fan isn't really necessary. I just installed it since I have a lot of extras and looks cool too. B)

1WMcZ27h.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mannyp1980 said:

This is amazing, I have a CC01 too, what steering did you end up going with?

Thank you!

I tried three and ended up with the Hot Racing/HR as I found it to be the best. the GMP and Xtraspeed are wastes of time and money.

• Like 1

Wow! What an absolute beauty of a build and with a backstory to match. Everything about it is so good. I had a CC-01 briefly, if only I had the vision for it that you do! 

Can I ask; what tool do you use for the buffing?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Wow! What an absolute beauty of a build and with a backstory to match. Everything about it is so good. I had a CC-01 briefly, if only I had the vision for it that you do! 

Can I ask; what tool do you use for the buffing?

I use a Dremel with buffing cloth and buffing foam pad and also rubbing compound, polishing cream, swirl and haze remover and wax to finish.

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I use a Dremel with buffing cloth and buffing foam pad and also rubbing compound, polishing cream, swirl and haze remover and wax to finish.

Great. I picked up a Dremel last year and did wonder if it was good enough for polishing. Great to see what a fantastic job you did with it. Any particular tips and tricks? 

14 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Great. I picked up a Dremel last year and did wonder if it was good enough for polishing. Great to see what a fantastic job you did with it. Any particular tips and tricks? 

Use this for the compound, to remove sand marks after wet sanding. This is generic and comes with different abrasiveness. The black being very abrasive and the peach less abrasive which can also be used for polishing after compounding.

51Gr9GGBPrL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Then for fine polishing, use this cloth wheel.

dremel-polishing-cloth-wheel-423e-main-43_512x384.jpg?v=1668557547

For hard to reach areas and deep corners, You can use this cone pad

Auto-Detailing-Polishing-Buffing-Burrs-Pads-For-Car-Detailing-Polishing-and-Buffing-Use-On-Dremel-Rotary.jpg

Those are the same materials I use for my models after painting and wet sanding.

• Thanks 1