Rb4276

Rcmart

Does anyone know how you use or select store credit on their site? I have $18 in store credit and wanted to use it and when i go to checkout  there is no option. Am i missing something?

Hmm. I must be missing something here. As I have made several orders and the points on all (one over a year old) are still ‘pending’. 

Do you need to do something to convert to credit? I’ve never really looked. 

Edit: just had a quick glance over t&c’s and says you need a validation code. Definitely never noticed receiving any. Might email them. 

Long time since I used RCMart. For some other shops, points are not activated until you confirm receipt of an order.

Hi @Man1c M0nk3y, the validation code is on th e outside of the box - see below - you can then enter the code into the site and it will set the point status to Confirmed for that order. Looking at the FAQs it looks like you only get a 0.4% discount. :lol:

RCMART2.JPG

• Sad 1

Thanks guys, the emailed and did say they apply automatically when you place an order. The points thing i learned the hard way a few years ago that the code is on the shipping label which is ridiculous to be honest

On 3/15/2019 at 3:02 AM, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Well then. That’s a lot of points that went in the recycling bin 😂

I have just learned about this too!

42 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I have just learned about this too!

I feel better in knowing I wasn’t alone 😂

Might email them and see if they will honour them minus code. Probably say no but nothing to lose. 

On 14 March 2019 at 10:22 PM, Rb4276 said:

Thanks guys, the emailed and did say they apply automatically when you place an order. The points thing i learned the hard way a few years ago that the code is on the shipping label which is ridiculous to be honest

It's more for them to know you've safely received the parcel. ;) 

4 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Might email them and see if they will honour them minus code. Probably say no but nothing to lose. 

Doubt it. They say they can't ever retrieve the code anyway even if they tried. 

I get a code even with fleaBay purchases, but they're useless trying to credit to my rcmart account.

The points are only valued for 2 or 3 years I think... can't remember, might be confusing with my Lego account. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

They say they can't ever retrieve the code anyway even if they tried

From their FAQ;

Kindly note that Dinball rcMart is not responsible for any accidental lost by yourself after the parcel is shipped out.
We shall be unable to provide you with the point validation code yet again since it is randomly generated by the system.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that you should keep the point validation code carefully and enter it on your point information as soon as possible once you receive.

I have 807 unclaimed points going back to 2010 - but then I didn't even know about these 'loyalty' points until last week :lol:

• Haha 1

You arent loosing much money throwing them out. I just bought an egress and think i earned $1.14 after spending $330 lol

When I'm window shopping on RCmart via a Mac or iPhone 'Not Secure-' pops up in the browser search window. Does anyone else get this & is it worth worrying about? 

I've only ever bought from them through eBay and haven't had any problems. It seems to be cheaper to buy direct, but seeing the 'Not Secure' tends to put me off.

Probably just an expired certificate, modern browsers are so picky today... chrome downright refuses to serve me 80% of the pages I want nowadays. 

Have you cleared cookies & force reload? 

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2019 at 7:54 AM, Re-Bugged said:

When I'm window shopping on RCmart via a Mac or iPhone 'Not Secure-' pops up in the browser search window. Does anyone else get this & is it worth worrying about? 

I've only ever bought from them through eBay and haven't had any problems. It seems to be cheaper to buy direct, but seeing the 'Not Secure' tends to put me off.

This is because the site doesn't have an SSL connection until you reach the payment gateway.

Historically, sites only used a secure SSL (HTTPS) connection when transmitting payment information but with the increasing complexity and security concerns of the modern web, plus the reduced difficulty and cost of obtaining an SSL certificate it's now considered a good security practice to serve the whole site via SSL. Certain advanced features even require this.

You'll see non-transactional sites (like these forums) using SSL, and to drive this whole initiative forward, browsers like Chrome are now flagging non SSL sites as "Not Secure".

RCMart are a little bit behind technically, but It's not quite a serious as the browsers make out  - everything worked fine with just SSL payments, full SSL is just better as it encrypts all traffic, not just your card details. As long as the checkout is secure (use PayPal to be sure) then it's fine. (In fact I've just placed an order via their site).

• Thanks 1

Never had a problem with points before, The code is always on the shipping box. This prevents points being stolen by someone else maybe?

I always have to select to spend my credits. 

The points are not worth alot, but then remember that rcmart is cheap to begin with, many of the companys that offer big points rewards are charging alot more to begin with. 

Juls

21 hours ago, WillyChang said:
21 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Probably just an expired certificate, modern browsers are so picky today... chrome downright refuses to serve me 80% of the pages I want nowadays. 

Have you cleared cookies & force reload? 

Viewing the site is no problem although I should really look into clearing cookies, but I’ll have to ask my daughter to give me a hand there as I’m not the most competent person with a mouse & keyboard. 

16 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

RCMart are a little bit behind technically, but It's not quite a serious as the browsers make out  - everything worked fine with just SSL payments, full SSL is just better as it encrypts all traffic, not just your card details. As long as the checkout is secure (use PayPal to be sure) then it's fine. (In fact I've just placed an order via their site).

Good to know Ta.

For peace of mind I do only ever pay online with Paypal. 

So a few more body shells on the way for you then??