ThunderDragonCy

Recommend me rally block tyres please?

The Chinese ebay rally wherlset I ordered for RR-03Ra has fallen through and I am impatient to progress. I have going to get some tamiya 26mm wheels, but should I also get tamiya rally blocks too, or is there something else better? Do I need foam inserts? Full "on road" newbie here. Educate me please! 

Tamiya rally block tyres aren't cheap but easily obtainable, I would recommend inserts 👍

• Like 1

Normal tamiya blocks are too hard. 

Years ago, we were using tamiyablock copies, which used softer compound. Those were best tires, but they are not available anymore.

However, new Tamiya "Softblock" could be something similar. From first reports, they might have right compound.

• Like 1

The cheap Ebay knock if Tamiya rally blocks are much much softer than the real thing. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks fellas. I have some Tamiya Focus WRC wheels coming, and bought some cheap wheels off a UK ebay seller which says the tyres aren't glued, so we'll see. 

If you want I have a set of tamiya rally block tires on some 5spoke touring car rims. Glued. If interested pm me

I think hpi rally tires are the best not sure... 

As mentioned, I've used both the true tamiya rally blocks and the cheap china knock off and the cheap ones do wear quicker - however it also depends what your running it on. if it's trimmed grass then the cheap ones will be fine. If it;s true rally - IE gravel then I'd suggest (as others have before me ) the true rally blocks, with foam inserts and glued.