Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

anyone heard of Spec-R?

2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

just stumbled across this company, going to order two gear diffs for my Xray T1fk05 and a gearcase and gear diff for my FF03 from them.

Looks like great stuff

http://www.spec-r.com/default/index.php?main_page=index

Hi, Spec-R is around some years now. Great Company, they offered oil filled gear diffs for the TB03, as Tamiya didn´t think of it at all! They also have such stuff for the M-Chassis and other models. Quality is always very high, as they want to support serious racing. I think you can give there parts a try without risk! I have 4 diffs of them, and they are all performing well.

14 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Hi, Spec-R is around some years now. Great Company, they offered oil filled gear diffs for the TB03, as Tamiya didn´t think of it at all! They also have such stuff for the M-Chassis and other models. Quality is always very high, as they want to support serious racing. I think you can give there parts a try without risk! I have 4 diffs of them, and they are all performing well.

That is what I wanted to hear.

because if I can use their diffs on my T1FK05 I am taking it racing. Gear diffs seem to be a think in racing for a long time now and the new T4 have them.

Also I would try their diff on my FF03 with their case as it can easy swap ball diff and gear diff. 

• Like 1

On 16 March 2019 at 5:57 PM, Fabia130vRS said:

Looks like great stuff

SpecR makes great stuff, especially oil-fillable gear diffs & doublecardan CVDs.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:33 AM, ruebiracer said:

they offered oil filled gear diffs for the TB03, as Tamiya didn´t think of it at all! 

I think that first TRF417 gear diff from Tamiya (#42185) was actually rebadged Spec-R unit

• Like 1

I've got some Spec-R arms and body mount stiffeners on my MF-01X. Very nice stuff, fit properly, too.

On 3/18/2019 at 2:21 PM, WillyChang said:

SpecR makes great stuff, especially oil-fillable gear diffs & doublecardan CVDs.

For sure!

I used to have their diffs and gearcase for my FF03, which worked great. I also had some little bits here and there on my drift Yokomo, like CVD protection blades. Good stuff.