Busdriver

Bodyshell wheelbase data

As I while away the midnight hours due to insomnia I come across the same thread within lots of threads and that is the question will so and so fit on such and such chassis. For instance will a Midnight Pumpkin body fit the Suzuki Jimmny/ rally beetle chassis??? Would it be possible to start a thread where members measure the wheelbases of bodies and post them so others can see if they fit various chassis? Manufacturers seem to list wheelbase sizes but not body shells.?

• Thanks 1

Yes. And stickied. Please :D

15 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

As I while away the midnight hours due to insomnia I come across the same thread within lots of threads and that is the question will so and so fit on such and such chassis. For instance will a Midnight Pumpkin body fit the Suzuki Jimmny/ rally beetle chassis??? Would it be possible to start a thread where members measure the wheelbases of bodies and post them so others can see if they fit various chassis? Manufacturers seem to list wheelbase sizes but not body shells.?

Short answer to your exact question is yes, if the body mounts could be sorted. Pumpkin wheelbase is 210mm. Shortest wheelbase option on MF01X chassis is 210mm. If you bought either of the kits you mention you would just need to build with the short spacer in the middle and buy the short prop shaft. 

Lunchbox body is 203mm

13 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Not sure I know what that means:( 

Sorry -- I meant to say that we really could use a dimensional stats thread in this forum, and also voting to have it "stickied" to the top of the category so no one has to go searching for it.

I actually started a thread that was narrowly concerning the TA chassis wheelbases, but a more global approach would be super welcome here!B)

How do we go about that! Does admin have to be involved? Sorry not very aufait with this kind of thing!,,,,,

This is one of  the projects I've had in mind for a while now, Swb MF01X Lunch Box. I think the CW01 is actually 207mm Wheelbase. But still doable.

As I was reminded recently while trying to find a shell to fit my M-06, there is more to bodyshell fit than wheelbase alone. If this is to be a truly useful resource to tell us what fits what, a record of front and rear overhang would also be useful as some chassis (e.g. FF-01, M-06, MF-01X) have quite significant overhangs that make some shells unsuitable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

As I was reminded recently while trying to find a shell to fit my M-06, there is more to bodyshell fit than wheelbase alone. If this is to be a truly useful resource to tell us what fits what, a record of front and rear overhang would also be useful as some chassis (e.g. FF-01, M-06, MF-01X) have quite significant overhangs that make some shells unsuitable.

Imagine every body & chassis could be 3D scanned, then you'd test fit in a VR environment ;)

Yep that'll happen a week after them greenies finally get all nonessential plastics banned for environmental protection :( 

Does anyone know the wheelbase of the Subaru Brat shell. Thinking of putting one on a normal touring car chassis, like the FF03.

3 hours ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Does anyone know the wheelbase of the Subaru Brat shell. Thinking of putting one on a normal touring car chassis, like the FF03.

245 vs 257mm, no good!

Brushup on what Jenny did 

1 hour ago, firefoxussr said:

I was told that putting a 911 GT2 body on an M06 wouldn't work. But it did 😎

yep Taisan fits great on M06 @240mm with full track width TL01 arms. The motor sits right under the rear lid's grille too :D

Still haven't run mine so no idea how it handles.

• Like 1

chassis, wheels, and bodies, i make em all fit, joking aside, i think thats why i end up with so many extra parts, if i can't find the answer on line i email or call the manufacture or just purchase several different types and figure that they'll fit some other future build. it happens. it's not cost effective but then again this hobby for me dies, well, when i die.

Hi, i'm ACCEL and i endorse a Yes vote.....................................................................................................................................................................................

On 3/18/2019 at 9:41 PM, WillyChang said:

yep Taisan fits great on M06 @240mm with full track width TL01 arms. The motor sits right under the rear lid's grille too :D

Still haven't run mine so no idea how it handles.

I don't run TL01 arms, just standard M06 arms.  But I run 9mm front / 14mm rear offset 31mm/34mm wide HPI rims/tires and it handles like a dream.  It has classic rear engine 911 handling: great... great... a little faster and then snap oversteer/spin (the heart wants what it wants, it becomes a font-engine car for a moment :D)