Sign in to follow this  
waterbok

Super Astute rere gearbox, parts comparability with King Cab/Monster Hilux.

As in title could somebody who owns both, tell if it's possible to just swap certain parts and or if the gearbox fits at all into the monster chassis.

Would be interesting if it's possible just to replace the old ball diff with the new gear diff.

Thx

Just like the original TTC , the gearbox internals can not be mixed and matched. The gear pitches are different.

Would the  diff lid from the TTC fit the monsters, the one thats on  the bottom and always is cracked?

thx.

1 minute ago, waterbok said:

Would the  diff lid from the TTC fit the monsters?

thx.

Yes ,the gearbox case is exactly the same.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:09 AM, waterbok said:

As in title could somebody who owns both, tell if it's possible to just swap certain parts and or if the gearbox fits at all into the monster chassis.

Would be interesting if it's possible just to replace the old ball diff with the new gear diff.

Thx

The gear differential from the Super astute doesnt fit but the gear differential from the avante fits with a little adjusting, Im running one in my Astute.

4 hours ago, GTodd said:

The gear differential from the Super astute doesnt fit but the gear differential from the avante fits with a little adjusting, Im running one in my Astute.

So the avante diff gear has the same size&pitch as the astute and the monster diff? Or whats a little adjusting.

Just now, waterbok said:

So the avante diff gear has the same size&pitch as the astute and the monster diff? Or whats a little adjusting.

The Avante and kingcab share the same pitch. The adjusting was having to sand some material off to fit the bearing. See my Astute Restoration thread for details. The differentials have one tooth difference. When i test ran the differential in my Monster racer I had no issue.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got an original TTC gearbox in my King Cab. I burnt out the original slipper so have converted it to the new re-re Super Astute slipper. 

I looked at the Avante diff option but didn’t go down that route due to the teeth number being different. Interesting to know that it does work though 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steve r said:

I’ve got an original TTC gearbox in my King Cab. I burnt out the original slipper so have converted it to the new re-re Super Astute slipper. 

I looked at the Avante diff option but didn’t go down that route due to the teeth number being different. Interesting to know that it does work though 👍

It’s only (1) tooth, probably works because it still falls in the variance for the mesh.

• Like 1