Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

Thundershot Chassis Bearing Steering Set

I've been super happy with my bearing steering set for the Thundershot series buggy, so it is now available on my CTE RC Shapeways store, for anyone else who wants to improve their steering. These parts allow you to solid mount the steering arms, use bearings to reduce slop in the steering, and also increase Ackerman effect to improve response on your Tamiya Thundershot, Thunder Dragon, Fire Dragon or Terra Scorcher. Uses a M3 x 20 screw fixed hard to the chassis hole using the top nut in the third picture to create 'hard' steering pivots. Arms are based on the kit, but with x 630 bearings in each, and a mylock nut and some shims are tightened just enough to take out any slop without crushing the bearings. At the other end of the arms a 730 bearing presses in. The wiper arms has recesses for M3 nuts and you screw through the bearing to these from above. The slightly inswept arms position improves ackermann steering. There is now very little slop in this system, although it's still very reliant on the ball cup for the servo saver link being nice and tight. Full parts list and instructions for install are in the Product Description over on Shapeways.

Cheers!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DF3G2VQNT/tamiya-thundershot-chassis-bearing-steering-set?optionId=94407516

20190301_111224 20190301_111237 20190301_111249

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You make me really want to pick up some 3D skills... (I said that before, didn't I?)  

By the way, I could not follow the link. (It shows me some Japanese sake set)