Collin

Wrenchdog - Dyna Blaster / Dyna Storm Titan mainshaft for TRF201/TD2/4 slipper clutch

A build thread would be so great! It is pretty hard for me to get in distance to those parts but for you they are new, so it will be best feedback for me also. Thanks for your trust also. Highly respected!

On 5/23/2020 at 1:06 PM, Collin said:

DB_DS_TR_D4_gearbox-link.jpg

Hehe, still some little pieces I did not remade yet. This is the D4 gearbox-damperstay-link for DS, DB and TR--15T. They are often broken around the pressing nut.

Hey Tom did you ever get to making this part?

2 minutes ago, Boone227 said:

Hey Tom did you ever get to making this part?

Shure. Already printed some at home and they fit like a charme. I made them a bit stronger around the pressing nut finally.

This is carbon-filament 3D print. Its very light and durable. Very interesting materials become available now.

nimrim_cf20_01.jpg

nimrim_cf20_02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff Tom! I know whe have a printer somewhere in our company, which can lay carbon fibres into the print.

Is it such a stuff, or are there short fibres protruded into the material? Like gf reinforced plastics?

Not a expert in 3d printing...;)

Its "just" fiber particles inside the filament. But definitly the better material for rims regarding FDM 3D print.

• Thanks 1

B3_mid_DS_reinf.jpg

Dyna Storm rear suspension arms, added a massiv lower damper moung bridge. Also I added 1mm thickness and all strands have the same hight now.

• Like 3

I just saw something about possible health problems associated with using 3D printers.  

When plastic melts, it can give off some toxic fume. (and it's shooting plastic particles, lungs wouldn't like that)  Breathing it in all day long could cause cancer.  So it might be a good idea to keep it in a room where nobody is in.  You could vent the room if you need to use that room again.  If you have a garage, that'd be the best place for it.  

I don't know who's going to benefit from this information. I just thought it's better to let people know, cause I didn't know. 

The study says; "This [cancer] rate is significantly high and brings attention for further public health concern on the present widely used tool in any office, 3D printer." 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5686999/#:~:text=The estimated individual life time,in any office%2C 3D printer.

Not trying to be Debby Downer, but new technology always comes with new risks.  Just that we should mitigate the risks so we could have fun without cancer.  

• Thanks 1

Yea, thats already knowen. It depends on materials you print with. ABS is pain, PLA not bad at all. Also on the amount of time you print. Today I was working with carbonfiber (not filament, chassis plates), this is the new asbestos. Pretty tough life doing RC technilogy.

acdbf6885f94108f751991cee58de435.jpg

P.S.: I have a Laserprinter next to my PC in my bedroom. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Dyna Blaster & Dyna Storm main shaft conversion for DF-03 slipper disc.

DS_main_shaft_04.jpg

DS_main_shaft_05.jpg

DS_main_shaft_06.jpg

DS_main_shaft_07.jpg

DS_main_shaft_08.jpg

DS_main_shaft_09.jpg

DS_main_shaft_10.jpg

DS_main_shaft_11.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 8:01 PM, Collin said:

Dyna Blaster & Dyna Storm main shaft conversion for DF-03 slipper disc.

DS_main_shaft_04.jpg

DS_main_shaft_05.jpg

DS_main_shaft_06.jpg

DS_main_shaft_07.jpg

DS_main_shaft_08.jpg

DS_main_shaft_09.jpg

DS_main_shaft_10.jpg

DS_main_shaft_11.jpg

• You did it Tom! Seems you used the DF03 clutch from the look, same I used for My Sand Scorcher and Monster beetle!:)

Credits going to a freaky japanese guy who posted this on his website long time ago. :)

I made it a little different but basicly its the same. Anyway, it is DF-03 hop up slipper clutch. I will fit a TRF501 spur gear which has almost same size like the original DS but not 0.5 module.

• Like 1

One of the coolest hop-ups for TR-15T and very, very usefull as well, is the rear bumper. I have seen it only onec mountet at @acprcs fully hop-upped TR-15T. Well, it happened several times that I needed to do a emergency brake to not kiss the curb. The car spinned a 180 and hit it with the rear. So its definitely a worthwhile hop-up.

img4_26012013100917_7_1100_.jpg
Watch more pics at his showroom: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=117848&id=4

Mine will be printed from PA12 nylon, pipes are 5mm diameter such as front bumper. Upper mount will be bolted together with damper stay and fibre plate. Lower mount will be bolted on with longer M3 screws used for the suspension mounts. There is also some space inside the mount for the m3 nyloc nuts, so they will be covered fully. But I think I will improve the lower mount later on.

tr_99.jpg

tr_98.jpg

• Like 1

PLA printed prototype:
tr_100.jpg

tr_101.jpg

Probably I will lower the lowest pipe so it can lean against the suspension mount. This add another 15mm of protected space.

tr_102.jpg

PA12 laserprint and coatet with RAL 7015. A bit darker and it would have been more like the other gray but who cares... it fits so perfect. If anyone is interested, I have one spare here at home and the part is also on shapeways now.

tr_103.jpg

tr_104.jpg

tr_105.jpg

tr_106.jpg

tr_107.jpg

tr_108.jpg

Teaser for my present piece of desire. The gearbox. I will start with the original one, later I can play around with other internals. After one day and serval tests I am done with alignement between mounts and bearing seats.

gbox_002.jpg 

gbox_003.jpg

After two days of relaxed modelling I am ready for the first testprint.

gbox_005.jpg

gbox_006.jpg

Since I saw a 100€ TR-15T gearbox on ebay lately, I think its worth doing this piece : )

• Like 2

Prototype printet with my Prusa mk3 and PLA.

gbox_007.jpg

gbox_008.jpg

gbox_009.jpg

And a little video: https://a-tom.org/tc/gbox.mov

Not bad for the second print. When I think back how many attemts I needed for the bulkhead until alignement was nice, hehehe :wub:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Collin said:

gbox_007.jpg

gbox_008.jpg

gbox_009.jpg

Not bad for the second print. When I think back how many attemts I needed for the bulkhead until alignement was nice, hehehe :wub:

Great work Tom,

you just get better and better. Someday in the future you´ll be able to deliver every bit for the Dynas!:lol:

I think your highest goal ever to be achieved is the Replica of the 4WD EP prototype you showed us last year! :o

Hats off again,

Matthias

46 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

I think your highest goal ever to be achieved is the Replica of the 4WD EP prototype you showed us last year! :o

Yes, this will be a huge goal but its realistic.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 4:31 PM, Collin said:

gbox_007.jpg

gbox_008.jpg

gbox_009.jpg

Looking great. That took you no time at all!!

Picked up the PA12 print today. It fits soo smooth together. Now I have to transfere the internals from the FDM print to this new gearbox but have no time bevor next week. I am confident it will fit. :)

gbox_010.jpg

gbox_011.jpg

gbox_012.jpg

I will print some rubber gaskets for inbetween to not get any micro-debris inside... just because its cool : )

• Like 5

Yep, it looks so precious with the black coat around. If the surface would be less structured, it could have been ABS injection mold.

First PA12 print already fits PERFECT! Bearings sit tight but not hard to push in, gears spin so smooth and no funny noise. I am so happy. :wub:

gbox_013.jpg

gbox_014.jpg

gbox_015.jpg

gbox_016.jpg

And now the fun game can start, let see what TRF does offer internals or maybe Asso,... time to do some researche.

• Like 5