Collin

Wrenchdog - Dyna Blaster / Dyna Storm Titan mainshaft for TRF201/TD2/4 slipper clutch

22 hours ago, Collin said:

First PA12 print already fits PERFECT! Bearings sit tight but not hard to push in, gears spin so smooth and no funny noise. I am so happy. :wub:

gbox_013.jpg

gbox_014.jpg

gbox_015.jpg

gbox_016.jpg

And now the fun game can start, let see what TRF does offer internals or maybe Asso,... time to do some researche.

That does look super cool and very good quality! Now you can play with internals! Also worth to look in an M07/08 for gears maybe. You could use an oil filled gear diff maybe instead of a ball diff... Just some thoughts...

On 2/28/2021 at 5:25 PM, ruebiracer said:

That does look super cool and very good quality! Now you can play with internals! Also worth to look in an M07/08 for gears maybe. You could use an oil filled gear diff maybe instead of a ball diff... Just some thoughts...

I studied the M-07 & M-08 manual but it looks like they have a very different trnsmission design.

1-10-rc-m-07-con-chassis-kit-wb225239-30

I am not shure if the module does fit to Dyna gears. TRF201 does fit perfect. Gear diff would be really a nice gadget. How about modern offroads, they mainly use them, right?
Balldiffs are not state of the art today? I have a lack of "global RC knowledge", as you know : )

• Like 1

Ok,.. made some research. Gear diffs are mainly used with very powerfull 1/8 and 1/10 buggies, often nitro driven. I think the TRF balldif mod. (+2 balls) must be enought. Anyway, I try to get a TA06 / XV-01gear diff in my hands just to see what is possible. Module should be the same.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 7:46 PM, Collin said:

I studied the M-07 & M-08 manual but it looks like they have a very different trnsmission design.

1-10-rc-m-07-con-chassis-kit-wb225239-30

I am not shure if the module does fit to Dyna gears. TRF201 does fit perfect. Gear diff would be really a nice gadget. How about modern offroads, they mainly use them, right?
Balldiffs are not state of the art today? I have a lack of "global RC knowledge", as you know : )

The TA06 diff (used in the M07/8) and all the TRF, FF03 and XV01 derivatives are 48dp gear pitch. 

• Like 1

Yep. it seems like this is "the one" geardiff tamiya built.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

The TA06 diff (used in the M07/8) and all the TRF, FF03 and XV01 derivatives are 48dp gear pitch. 

Yes, I mainly thought about the main diff Tom&Thunder. But as the pinion on the M´s is module 0,6 metric, at least the spur gear is it, too.

Are you sure they changed the module 0,6 to 48 dp inside the gear box? My feeling would be, that the module is all the way 0,6.

But I never checked intensively, to be honest. Take it as a warning , when calculating the dimensions of your new gearbox!:lol:

Kind regards,

Matthias 

• Like 1

As far I checked the parts and manuals, internals should be 48dp.

Anyway, I ordered the TA06 / XV-01 geardiff AND the balldiff version. Also TRF201 internals, mainshaft and a gearbox. I think it is pretty much everything I need to figure out what the best conversion will be and also I am curious how the internal gear ratio will change.

What I would like to have is a DF-03 slipper gear mainshaft paired with one of the upper diffs. It would be great because the mainshaft is coming with the slipper clutch kit anyway.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Collin said:

As far I checked the parts and manuals, internals should be 48dp.

Anyway, I ordered the TA06 / XV-01 geardiff AND the balldiff version. Also TRF201 internals, mainshaft and a gearbox. I think it is pretty much everything I need to figure out what the best conversion will be and also I am curious how the internal gear ratio will change.

What I would like to have is a DF-03 slipper gear mainshaft paired with one of the upper diffs. It would be great because the mainshaft is coming with the slipper clutch kit anyway.

O.k. Tom, then it´s maybe really a Tamiya twist. pinion and spur gear are module 0,6 metric since M01, there you can trust me. I´ve all M´s despite the M03.:lol:

But I´m keen on your evolutionary future gearbox for High power output!:)

• Like 1

Probably because there is a big force from the motor pinion to the spur gear? It would make sense to start with a bigger teeth.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

@ruebiracer: I thought all the time it is 48 dp too :blink: 

90% of Tamiya cars use 0,6 module (I tend to say),

you can see it in the usage list of Seidel for example:

Tamiya - 53509 Motorritzel 20Z Modul M0.6 ALU HFC F201 - Modellbau-Seidel (modellbau-seidel.de)

The 20t / 0,6 module pinion was already in the M01...

Same as your FF01`s Kevin...;)

But Tom could be right, the diff gears could be another module/pitch. For sure the older diffs of M01-M06 are. TA06/M07/M08/FF03 have a smaller module on the diff itself, compared to them. But I have to check again my spare parts. 

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Like 1

I dont know, the pic above showes pretty big teeth. Dyna Storm has 48p and TRF201X fits. The Geardiff should also be used in TRF201XM. So i guess 48p.

@ThunderDragonCy What do you know about? I am shure you know it  : )

• Like 1

@ruebiracer: The TA06 diff definitely has a finer gear than the FF01 differential. Much closer to 48dp. The FF01 strangely uses two modules.

Glad you cleared this up. I would have sworn the gears of the FF03 were 48dp. But 48dp would be module 0,53... I even have a picture of the counter gear with it written on in my head xD Oh boy :lol:

Edit: Found the picture:

https://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index.php?firma=Tamiya&best=3504011

It says 20 theeth 48p :huh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The TA06 diff used in the 201, 211,FF03/4,XV01 and M07/8 is DEFINITELY 48dp. As mentioned above, tamiya has form for switch pitch in the FF01. The diff, idler and countergear are all 0.8mod, the spur and pinion are 0.6. Same thing happenes with that stepped countergear in the 4 gear M07/8 setup, it switches from 48dp to 0.6 because tamiya have lots of cheap 0.6mod pinions. 

Even the TA06, FF03/4 and XV01 pull this trick by having all 48dp internals, but 0.6mod spur and pinion in the kit. I keep forgetting about that because i switch to 48dp on these on my FF03 to get more options. The only ones that are consistent are the buggies. These use 48dp on the spur and pinion out of the box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Collin said:

Excellent Mr Holmes! :lol:

That´s the cracking info we searched for! Tamiya designers are quite funny mixing the modules inside one gearbox.:o

Probably it´s the reuse of existing parts for different models...

Okay, now in real, got the Diffs (M07/TA06), drybuilt and measured them. They are all nice, 52T 48dp and fit into the Dyna gearbox from its space. The idler gear (the one in the midlle) can be used too. I am printing two PLA gearboxes to check things in real.

During my tests I draw some Dyna gears and figured out they where made in 0.5 module :blink:  I am just glad its not too bad if mixing 0.5 and 48dp (module 0.529).

Now I have to figure out a solution for the counter-gear (the one sitting on the main shaft) and mainshaft, if possible with existing parts. Keeping this up to date...

• Like 3

Made some conversion hubs with a little offset of the inner bearing seat. Now you can put in Top Force and derivate CVDs with no problem. The standard layout does not let the pin slip through the CVD and narrower (3mm) bearings no option for me.

cvd_mod_01.jpg

cvd_mod_02.jpg

cvd_mod_03.jpg

• Like 3

Got my fingers on the embroidery machine at my new work :D

wrenchdog_patch.jpg

Also I took all my braingrease together and started to work on a vacuum-mould for an Dyna Storm Lexan undertray :ph34r:

ds_undertray_mould.jpg

Anyhow, I will release a small patch of fine TRF replica tuning parts and some other gimmicks for the Dyna chassis soon. Hope you guys will appreciate it.

• Like 4

This is something nice : ) Dyna Storm / Dyna Blaster Titane Grade5 mainshaft to use with 201X/TD2/4 slipper clutch. Just need to finish the hex pulleys. Send me a PM if you are interested in one of them.

ds_ti_01.jpg

ds_ti_02.jpg

Hi Collin, what spur gear is intended for this slipper clutch?

The TRF201 spur gear should be too small (in diameter) to use it with the DS/DB gear box.

I used various spur gears wherever they come from as long they have the groves for the slipper pads. 501x ones fit or Arrma for example.

• Thanks 1

Titan shafts for Dyna Storm & Dyna Blaster :  )