Collin

Dog with a wrench, Wrenchdog - Dyna Blaster / Dyna Storm / TR-15T parts

A build thread would be so great! It is pretty hard for me to get in distance to those parts but for you they are new, so it will be best feedback for me also. Thanks for your trust also. Highly respected!

On 5/23/2020 at 1:06 PM, Collin said:

DB_DS_TR_D4_gearbox-link.jpg

Hehe, still some little pieces I did not remade yet. This is the D4 gearbox-damperstay-link for DS, DB and TR--15T. They are often broken around the pressing nut.

Hey Tom did you ever get to making this part?

2 minutes ago, Boone227 said:

Hey Tom did you ever get to making this part?

Shure. Already printed some at home and they fit like a charme. I made them a bit stronger around the pressing nut finally.

This is carbon-filament 3D print. Its very light and durable. Very interesting materials become available now.

nimrim_cf20_01.jpg

nimrim_cf20_02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff Tom! I know whe have a printer somewhere in our company, which can lay carbon fibres into the print.

Is it such a stuff, or are there short fibres protruded into the material? Like gf reinforced plastics?

Not a expert in 3d printing...;)

Its "just" fiber particles inside the filament. But definitly the better material for rims regarding FDM 3D print.

• Thanks 1

B3_mid_DS_reinf.jpg

Dyna Storm rear suspension arms, added a massiv lower damper moung bridge. Also I added 1mm thickness and all strands have the same hight now.

• Like 3

I just saw something about possible health problems associated with using 3D printers.  

When plastic melts, it can give off some toxic fume. (and it's shooting plastic particles, lungs wouldn't like that)  Breathing it in all day long could cause cancer.  So it might be a good idea to keep it in a room where nobody is in.  You could vent the room if you need to use that room again.  If you have a garage, that'd be the best place for it.  

I don't know who's going to benefit from this information. I just thought it's better to let people know, cause I didn't know. 

The study says; "This [cancer] rate is significantly high and brings attention for further public health concern on the present widely used tool in any office, 3D printer." 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5686999/#:~:text=The estimated individual life time,in any office%2C 3D printer.

Not trying to be Debby Downer, but new technology always comes with new risks.  Just that we should mitigate the risks so we could have fun without cancer.  

• Thanks 1

Yea, thats already knowen. It depends on materials you print with. ABS is pain, PLA not bad at all. Also on the amount of time you print. Today I was working with carbonfiber (not filament, chassis plates), this is the new asbestos. Pretty tough life doing RC technilogy.

acdbf6885f94108f751991cee58de435.jpg

P.S.: I have a Laserprinter next to my PC in my bedroom. :ph34r:

• Like 1