Scipunk

Scipunk builds a XV-01 Lancia (and learns a lot)

I am going to run a 13.5 brushless sensored with a TBLE-02s - I haven't tried it yet as I am still building but being Tamiya I am sure it will all fit fine - I do run a 13.5 with a TBLE-02S in a TT-02B and also in a Blitzer Beetle and a DT-03T and they all work fine.

Here is my issue:

59446331_2464525986911004_2921494195631816704_n 58460487_1007787082759352_7417468812942901248_n

it fits sideways but the wires are just gonna be messy, i may just buy a whole setup i dunno yet...lol

Anyone know how to tension the drive belt - ie how to know what tension it should be??

1 hour ago, gizard said:

Anyone know how to tension the drive belt - ie how to know what tension it should be??

If you over tension it the chassis will flex, just needs to be firm enough to stay on the pulleys and run smooth, if you overdo it there will be more resistance in the drivetrain and it'll slow the car down/heat up the motor. 

Check it after the first few runs, as the belt stretches a tiny bit initially. 

Juls

I have been away for some time , new job, new car, new kittens so life has been hectic and i haven't touched my XV-01 for near 2 months, but soon i will order new electrics for it and finally finish it and paint both it and my MF-01x
Hope everyone is well :)

• Like 3

Man i really have slacked...lol I am glad this post has helped a few people. I am back again (temp laid off) so i have tons of time just need to get crackin again!

On 3/25/2019 at 2:05 AM, Badcrumble said:

It is worth checking your servo dimensions as it is very tight in there. If it is a model others have used, should be no problem. I think used a Futaba 3003.

The Blackholesun thread is worth a read for background...

http://www.blackholesun.fr/en/37-en/my-models/off-road/rally/278-tamiya-58528-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-team-arai-xv01

As for the alu suspension mount, I seem to remember that you have one for each end if it is the 1XJ part.

That post is absolutely the most comprehensive I've ever seen when it comes to builds. Not sure I'm going to do mine anymore now. :(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, lucasan said:

That post is absolutely the most comprehensive I've ever seen when it comes to builds. Not sure I'm going to do mine anymore now. :(

Definitely do your build post 👍

We will all appreciate it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Definitely do your build post 👍

We will all appreciate it. 

Seconded. Please carry on 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Seconded. Please carry on 😁

Thirdeded :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2019 at 1:08 PM, Juls1 said:

For the long damper kit the go to shock is the gf01 alloy damper set, the cc01 damper kit is identical but different color. It could also be used on the regular xv01 towers with short ends. But without modification, they have a bit too much travel for a stock kit. 

Sway bars are mandatory if you increase the travel. Trf502x front springs are the best option for gf01 dampers on the xv01 but without sway bars they might be too soft for some users. 

Juls

Hi all, resurrecting a bit this thread.. as I am also trying to complete a XV-01 which has been overdue a couple of years... 

I would also like to upgrade to the long damper spec. So I would order the front and back carbon towers. Then the question of the shocks that go best : 

stock CVA mini shocks 50519 
- CC-01 
54541 or equivalent GF-01 54670 (just prettier)
- or the wildcard Gmade XD Diaphragm Shock 75mm

Ideally I would like something as bolt-on as possible.. I already have the spring set which I was planning to use on the stock shocks and mounts.. 54465. Do these fit either Tamiya kit ? If not which ones should I go for? 

Sorry for the barrage of questions :)

19 minutes ago, Rosino said:

Hi all, resurrecting a bit this thread.. as I am also trying to complete a XV-01 which has been overdue a couple of years... 

I would also like to upgrade to the long damper spec. So I would order the front and back carbon towers. Then the question of the shocks that go best : 

stock CVA mini shocks 50519 
- CC-01 
54541 or equivalent GF-01 54670 (just prettier)
- or the wildcard Gmade XD Diaphragm Shock 75mm

Ideally I would like something as bolt-on as possible.. I already have the spring set which I was planning to use on the stock shocks and mounts.. 54465. Do these fit either Tamiya kit ? If not which ones should I go for? 

Sorry for the barrage of questions :)

The GMade shocks are too large in diameter to fit properly. The Tamiya aluminum shocks are very good, or you could use the Yeah 70mm shocks all the way around. Good choice on the spring set.

Think we are getting some definition then.. i have found the CC-01 shocks available RC-JAZ, where I am finalising a big order so I can amortise shipping costs. They are not (nor are the 54670) in stock at rc-mart where i also have another order. 

For Springs the set i have (54465) I think are too short for the CC-01 so will keep them for the stock dampers, and order the 54221 - RC TRF201 Front Spring Set for the CC-01 shocks. With 3 different resistance i guess I will be able to find what am looking for in terms of balance. 

The GMade shocks have very little travel compared to the Tamiya’s and are quite bulky. They don’t compare in smoothness or performance to the cc01/gf01 shocks, not even close.  The gmades are a nice tough shock to put on a traxxas basher. 

spring wise for cc01/gf01 the trf201 front springs can be used but they are quite firm, may suit in high traction conditions. For rally with sway bars the tfr501x front springs will be better, particularly for the rear, you might like to buy both sets, the 201’s suit better up front and the 501’s are better suited out back. 

Juls

• Like 1

With my XV01 Lancia due any day now, I just thought I would check in to see what happened to this build. Did you ever finish it?