Sign in to follow this  
dannymulder

grasshopper chassis with zahhak/trf201 suspension and gearbox and firedragon body

When I saw some modefied grasshoppers, I want to make my own version of it, so for this built I strip my zahhak car for it and fitted the rear gearbox with 2 aluminum plates and mounted the front arms and parts with an aluminum plate to the grasshopper chassis.

I used front shocktowers from a bigwig and used a firedragon body, a hornet body can be mounted easy but I like the firedragon more and the hornet bodies are fragile, if a want a grasshopper body on it, I have to make a lower rear shocktower for it and use smaller shocks, but for now I am happy with the result.

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

IMG_7095.JPG

IMG_7096.JPG

IMG_7077.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

IMG_7089.JPG

IMG_7090.JPG

• Like 10

Nicely done! It has a cool 1990s-modified feeling to it, but no doubt drives closer to the 21st century! Thanks for sharing :)

Great job, Have you tried some smaller wheels on it? Those 2.2's? look quite massive.

10 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@dannymulder That. Is. Awesome. How are the plates to mount the transmission fitted? Grasshopper2 body and Saint Dragon are also direct fit to those body mounts. 

I used L shaped plates that I drilled to to the chassis and bolted on it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Great job, Have you tried some smaller wheels on it? Those 2.2's? look quite massive.

I had mounted boomerang wheels on it but the trackwide on the car is wider at the front then at the rear so it looked not right with the front wheels wider then the rears and they use there own wheel adaptor so I can't do nothing to make the rear wider. 

The 2.2 inch rear tires have 7mm offset with those wheels the trackwide is the same front and back, I could fit grasshopper wheels I like the look of those but the grip is poor.

These tires have a lot of grip on the beach , I am not a fan of tamiya tires most of the times the grip is poor.

• Like 2

That's some nice "parts bin engineering" there.

If it were me, I'd make it look as close to an original Grasshopper as possible, then take it to a race track and surprise some people...