Frh076

Hard rc bodies

Which brands have thick plastic rc shells for 1/10 cars? Im looking for tamiya-like stiffness, and I don't want the sort of soft bodies from ex hpi.

Not many. RC4WD sells some truck-style bodies: Defender, Chevy Blazer, Toyota Hilux, etc. And some of the Chinese companies make some others. But they're nearly all scale 4x4/crawler type vehicles.

For road cars, you can look at the toy-grade offerings from New Bright and companies like that. Ditch the toy chassis, and find/build a hobby-grade chassis to go under it.

Or you could always get some sheet styrene and a bottle of solvent cement, and make your own...

• Like 1

I think he means the thick lexan ones ( Tamiya have always had good thick lexan bodies) and not the thin lexan ones like protoform, hpi, etc. Carson used to have a good selection of bodies that were nice solid lexan, but not any more and their older ones are hard to find these days There are the likes of Rally Legends who produce some nice realistic rally bodies that are of nice solid polycarbonate.

James.

If you are looking at clear bodies the RCON RS200 I got recently is incredibly high quality, and the Proline Flotek short course truck shell I have is the thickest lexan I have ever tried to cut. 

i always line the flimsy parts with chassis protector and bumbers with Goop, Shoe Goo or TrackStar Body Repair and or RTV Silicone. too bad Tupperware or Rubber maid doesn't get into the RC body world, 

On 3/29/2019 at 3:43 AM, InsaneJim69 said:

I think he means the thick lexan ones ( Tamiya have always had good thick lexan bodies) and not the thin lexan ones like protoform, hpi, etc. Carson used to have a good selection of bodies that were nice solid lexan, but not any more and their older ones are hard to find these days There are the likes of Rally Legends who produce some nice realistic rally bodies that are of nice solid polycarbonate.

James.

That’s good to know, i have a Rally Legends Delta S4 on the way to me. Not a pre-painted one so i’m looking forward to trimming and painting it myself.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:13 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

If you are looking at clear bodies the RCON RS200 I got recently is incredibly high quality, and the Proline Flotek short course truck shell I have is the thickest lexan I have ever tried to cut. 

I can also vouch for the RCON RS200. Plus Pak, who made them, is a helluva nice guy.