ThunderDragonCy

The Cool Wheels Thread

Last time I took a few more pictures of some cool wheels. Let me share them with you :)

_09B35482.jpg

Kyosho wire wheels from the MG-B kit. I've had these for years and they've always been low-key up for sale as I hadn't found any use for it. No one bought them yet so they're still around :)

_09B35412.jpg

These are pretty rare by now. Surging SSR Mk1 wheels. These are the normal 1/10 size, not the M-chassis version.

_09B35092.jpg

Right next to that are Surging SSR Mk2 wheels. Pretty cool but I think the full chrome make them look less realistic. Maybe I have to paint the spokes sometime and give the lips a brushed finish.

_09B34962.jpg

I absolutely love these Advan 3 spoke wheels! They are 2-piece adjustable offset MST wheels with custom 3D printed faces. I ran these last year at the D1-10 World Championships on my RX7 FC. Unfortunately I ended up snapping 3 out of the 4 faces so I need to print me some new ones with a bit more strengtheningribs behind the spokes.

_09B34892.jpg

Another picture with the paint matched original MST faces.

I've dug out a few more sets of cool wheels from my collection that I'll photograph soon and add to this thread.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 10:43 PM, Yalson said:

I now can't remember what they were originally from (was it the Mid-based Corvette ZR-1?) but I got through numerous sets racing my Mids and ZX-R on car park tarmac tracks.

Think I've got a set of those somewhere! They are good on tarmac? 

I'm quite liking the , intimidator sand Tyres / FTX Mauler wheels, on my DT03 

2019-01-26_01-48-54