Re-Bugged

Blitzer Chassis Dust Cover

While in the process of converting my Stadium Blitzer from NiMH Brushed to Lipo Brushless for more sand orientated duties, I felt some sort of dirt/dust cover would be useful in a bid to leave as much of the sand on the Beach as possible rather than bring it home in the tub Chassis. Not an absolute necessity with the waterproof electric's around these days but just one of those things I was keen to have a crack at with some clear plastic I had kicking around, it cost me nothing but an hour.

First was a cardboard template,

Sw83yCr.jpg

Happy with that, then use it to cut out the plastic,

JA4wxSf.jpg

Once this was done I lightly scored where the folds would be then turned on the BBQ. Not for lunch but to heat up a Bolster to gently bend the fold lines.

kY2v7E7.jpg

Bit of a midway test fit to see if we are on track,

RLtjrgJ.jpg

With the basic shape formed I will run a bead of Silicone around the inside to support the folds and joins. Then use a body post and clips to hold it all in place and a small felt pad with a slot in to let the antenna straw pass through.

3nMMyJO.jpg

• Like 5

Just found this while searching to see if anyone made these. That looks fantastic.

How is it holding up after a few runs?

• Thanks 1

This completely passed me by at the time, thanks for bumping the thread @73robb

@Re-Bugged that is excellent work! What plastic did you use to make the cover - acrylic? Also, how thick?

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2019 at 5:49 PM, 73robb said:

Just found this while searching to see if anyone made these. That looks fantastic.

How is it holding up after a few runs?

Holding up pretty good. I had to make a few modifications to the raised bit Of chassis that the receiver sits on though to get the Hobbywing ESC to sit low enough to run the wires over the top of the battery. The clear box could of done with being a bit taller. I did also drill holes in the back of the tub for the motor wires & sensor cable to run through. I have put duct tape over the edges to help support where I warmed and bent the clear with a bead of silicone on the inside. Sounds rough (well it is a bit) but does the job. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

This completely passed me by at the time, thanks for bumping the thread @73robb

@Re-Bugged that is excellent work! What plastic did you use to make the cover - acrylic? Also, how thick?

It’s really quite thin, measuring with a ruler it’s not even 2mm. It just what I had laying around. 

• Like 1

Hi @Re-Bugged,

Great job on the dust cover.

Could you please tell the brand and model of the rear tires of your blitzer?

Tks.

Glob

Those Tyres are 2.2 Proline Trenchers @glob356, they fit straight on the Blitzer rims.

I’ve found them to be very good on all terrains I’ve been on and are hardly showing any wear at all. 

The Dirt Hawg is also a popular choice. As are Schumacher ‘V’s. 

I have a set of Proline Sand Paws on another set of rims too 😁

1C158BBB-A84B-4331-BD6F-595E21AF4703.md.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Those Tyres are 2.2 Proline Trenchers @glob356, they fit straight on the Blitzer rims.

I’ve found them to be very good on all terrains I’ve been on and are hardly showing any wear at all. 

The Dirt Hawg is also a popular choice. As are Schumacher ‘V’s. 

I have a set of Proline Sand Paws on another set of rims too 😁

1C158BBB-A84B-4331-BD6F-595E21AF4703.md.

Tks @Re-Bugged !