Sign in to follow this  
Peter_B

Newly arrived Lazer ZX

One of the cars on my personal "iconic" list has always been the Lazer ZX although I never owned one until now.

This one came up for sale from a seller in Belgium. It looked in decent condition so I entered into negotiations and a deal was done.

It was delivered to my parents earlier this week and I picked it up today.

CAm6C8ZML_8Z7YElF81Pe7LWV7vbtaWSaXo5KdlXiDO7CHPz1-E3wa8uLstGzABWSnJW23hY5OaK-RDH

The photos are poor but the car is in such good condition that I'm not sure it needs the usual strip, clean and rebuild.

I don't know much about the Lazer (or Kyosho in general) but I have been able to ascertain that it needs some servo saver/linkage parts (specifically part 87 on the exploded diagram in the manual).

It could also do with a cover for the spur gear. Does anybody know if an Optima one will fit?

More to come as and when I get into it.

• Like 6

I’m just about to rebuild one of these for a friend. I dismantled it last night. I am missing a few screw and need to come up with a solution to secure a hard case stick lipo. I don’t have any spares unfortunately. I think the survival of these cars as runners is down to the 3D printing gurus. 

@Ann3x will do, when I get chance to get it on the workbench.

Got a few odds and ends on the way from far flung corners of the globe!