Sign in to follow this  
graemevw

Vanquish rebuild

1 minute ago, graemevw said:

Depends what body i use ;)

If you can draw the shape in 2D CAD (even Google Sketchup would do it) and get it into autocad dxf file format, fibre lyte will make you any shape you want.

1 minute ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

If you can draw the shape in 2D CAD (even Google Sketchup would do it) and get it into autocad dxf file format, fibre lyte will make you any shape you want.

I was wondering on the way to work how id go about drawing parts up to get cut. There are 5 parts id like, i was going to do it by hand as im no good with computers. Girlfriend is though.

Ill talk to her later and probably start a thread on how its done :)

The way i did the cables on my batteries ment i had to extend the original hole.

FcVAgk9.jpg

Means they fit my grasshopper too, they are the two cars with the biggest issues.

• Like 1

Im also thinking about drawing these parts up so i can get them cut in carbon fibre.

mF8D3f1.jpg

I can make alloy spacers to replace the needed bosses. I think that would solve most of the vanquish fragility without losing the tub. Should make for a stronger car and most of the other parts are easily replacable. Keep the rear shock tower where it should be and mount on brackets like an avante. 

• Thanks 1

That´s the best way in my opinion, too. Did it with my FRP plates, thought about making the upperdeck, too. Could have the charm of relocating the steering servo a little. Maybe in a later stage.  That would really help you to save as much Vanquish ID as possible, without worrying About fragility of the hardened out old plastic parts. Chassis will make no problem. And if there will someday be a Rere, we all can have fresh plastic parts for a good price. 

47 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

That´s the best way in my opinion, too. Did it with my FRP plates, thought about making the upperdeck, too. Could have the charm of relocating the steering servo a little. Maybe in a later stage.  That would really help you to save as much Vanquish ID as possible, without worrying About fragility of the hardened out old plastic parts. Chassis will make no problem. And if there will someday be a Rere, we all can have fresh plastic parts for a good price. 

Ill draw these parts out before i build the car (its all cleaned and ready).

Then ill build it stock and look at getting these made.

I have spare gearboxes and the egress bits, if i got another tub and a front/rear bumper i could probably build a second, bullet proof vanquish. A rere vanquish is the one thing id buy in a heartbeat without even thinking 😎

• Like 1