tamiya3speed

Outlaw Rampage Pro

I own the non-pro version of this now, but never had the original vintage.

I was intrigued by the chassis design with the solid axle gearbox and motor assembly.  Reminded me of a Tamiya Hornet.  On tarmac it tilts enough when turning to allow one rear tire to spin like crazy.  Extremely plush suspension.

If Kyosho sells the option parts separately, I'd probably buy them.

• Like 1

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhhh literally two weeks after I have just bought one of the standard. How bloomin annoying. :angry:

Sorry, that is what I meant, the non-pro version, not the vintage.  You're right though, it reminds me of a hornet too!

Looks pretty cool, and I'm glad they're offering a kit. I would have liked to see a licensed body, however, and not that generic "Fodge."

Wouldn't be hard to create your own version with an old Hornet or Lunchbox, would it?

I've been on the backorder list for this since early late April/early May. Initial release date was late May. It's now mid July with no updates.... Anyone in the know with what's holding it up? Haven't bought a new Kyosho in decades, very excited though my patience is wearing thin. 

I don't have any information on the release but have come close multiple times to ordering myself.  I would urge patience, some of the rerelease kits were delayed and proved well worth the wait.  

On 5/6/2023 at 12:15 AM, Sogogi said:

I ended up ordering this… excited

Won’t be far behind!!!

• Haha 1

Every time I hear about these, I still think this, lol:

Kyosho Outlaw Rampage - 3073 • (Radio Controlled Model Archive) •  RCScrapyard.

• Like 4

Today i ran it with 3s lipo for the first time (with hobbywing max10). It is too powerful… hard to control and it just spins out if i give a half throttle lol.

• Like 1

I’m putting mine together at the moment. I’m waiting for a Spektrum Receiver to bind to the transmitter for my Losi Raptor which has AVC . It makes that much more stable on 3S and go like 💩 off a shovel. Will post more once it’s ready to rumble!!!

On 5/25/2023 at 11:37 PM, Sogogi said:

Today i ran it with 3s lipo for the first time (with hobbywing max10). It is too powerful… hard to control and it just spins out if i give a half throttle lol.

What pinion are you running. The stock 16t  or bigger?

A sneaky peak. Not sure if I prefer black wheels or chrome. Also I’m surprised I like the square lights. Give it a sort of custom look? IMG_4290.jpg
IMG_4291.jpg
IMG_4292.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Busdriver said:

What pinion are you running. The stock 16t  or bigger?

Stock pinion

7 hours ago, Busdriver said:

A sneaky peak. Not sure if I prefer black wheels or chrome. Also I’m surprised I like the square lights. Give it a sort of custom look? IMG_4290.jpg
IMG_4291.jpg
IMG_4292.jpg

Very nice. Square front plate looks great too. How do other tires (i see one side is not stock) perform?

None. It’s 70% pre-assembled. Tolerances seem pretty good

20 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Stock pinion

Very nice. Square front plate looks great too. How do other tires (i see one side is not stock) perform?

Don’t know yet. It’s only 90% complete now. They are Rock crawlers so probably too soft. I was just playing around. I might get a spare set of chrome wheels and de chrome them and paint them black?

6 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Good, that makes repairs much less troublesome.

9 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Agreed. Hate to say but much better than budget tamiya kits that i have tried. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

Agreed. Hate to say but much better than budget tamiya kits that i have tried. :)

So it actually drives straight and isn't made from recycled bottle caps? 

• Haha 2

So, I'm pretty tempted to buy one of these ...how have these been holding up for those who have one?

On 6/8/2023 at 7:36 PM, Kowalski86 said:

So, I'm pretty tempted to buy one of these ...how have these been holding up for those who have one?

Join us :)