Sign in to follow this  
Vintage1

MODEL NAME PLEASE.

Just picked this up. Running with 2 batteries, 2 chargers, acoms receiver and a beatties bag ,but don't know what it is and neither did the seller. £ 32.00 all in. 

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

• Like 1

I got mine for $80 USD.  It had a mechanical speed control, and I thought it was a good deal.  £32.00 with an ESC is a whole lot better deal.  Tires look pretty new too!  

TL01B (Baja King & Baja Champ) is a buggy version of on-road TL01. The prop shaft wasn't designed against dirt.  If a small gravel gets in there, the rotating shaft tends to jam the pebble against itself and the housing.  I plan to cover it with a long piece of clear tape.

Although it's a basic buggy based on an on-road chassis, the TL01B had a long run with Tamiya and is a happy little thing when let loose on gravel and dirt.  Despite the suspension mounts being moulded into the chassis casing, it's a pretty robust design.  A friend of mine had one that he called the "thing of hate" - he put a high-power brushless system in it and attempted to destroy it at every meet.  It was always the go-to buggy when we found a really violent ramp or steep drop or a cliff-face drop-off, because he didn't care if he broke it.  And despite throwing it at everything we found, it never broke.

Enjoy :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1