1tyger

Tamiya spares box

Hi. Been going through my old  rc stuff as I've been getting back into it. Found these old tamiya parts boxes. Anyone have an idea what their worth? Trying to decide if its worth selling to fund some new kit 😉

Cheers

20190403_105101-1134x2016.jpg

• Like 2

Funny, these were just being chatted about in another thread :lol: That's a really cool set and looks pretty complete too. I'd love to buy it myself if I had the budget for it.

My guess is they'd be worth a good amount of money amongst the vintage-collector crowd. I would've recommended eBay, but shipping fees for those would be pricey, and that might have a pronounced effect on the final sale value.

Tough call :unsure:

Maybe $75~$125 range? I'd wait for others to chime in B)

ETA: just wanted to emphasize how important the "completeness" is regarding the value. Collectors want to see everything that it came with. You might want to take an accounting of what you have there to get a better idea.

I had a look around and couldn't even find any pics on the web of them. All i know that everytime i look at them it takes me back to when i was a kid looking for parts at the local hobby shop 😁

• Like 2

I have no idea about their current "collector's value", but I think they sold for well over $200 each when new? 

12 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4790154

Was going to say Tree Fiddy

giphy.gif

• Haha 1