Sign in to follow this  
kasparov

Team Cobra Pro Com Lathe/ Tamiya Rotors?

Hi

Does anyone have experience with this comm lathe? My Tamiya rotors technipower, technigold and 02h don't seem to fit on the towers where the rotor spins, the small circular thing behind the windings on the opposite side of the comm gets in the way, it's like 1mm too long.

Any ideas? 

I have the same problem with the kyosho lemans motors which are 1.5mm too long to fit on my 3racing comm lathe. I m in the same predicament as you I thought about buying a Hudy or Cobra comm lathe but couldn t find the measurements of the lathes themselves so I gave up I couldn t justify spending so much to buy a lathe just to find out it wouldn t work. So I just use tamiya comm cleaner brushes to clean the lemans comms....

18 minutes ago, t3garett said:

I have the same problem with the kyosho lemans motors which are 1.5mm too long to fit on my 3racing comm lathe. I m in the same predicament as you I thought about buying a Hudy or Cobra comm lathe but couldn t find the measurements of the lathes themselves so I gave up I couldn t justify spending so much to buy a lathe just to find out it wouldn t work. So I just use tamiya comm cleaner brushes to clean the lemans comms....

Ok I found a solution, I filed down the area where the rotor was not sitting in on the tower with a dremmel and some filing roundish attachment, so now the rotors fit, and I've managed to skim 4 rotors tonight for the first time ever, a technipower, 2 x technigold and a pink actopower rotor from the no label pink motor.

They all came out well and I tried the technigold rotors and they work great.

So if you don't mind damaging your tower a little that's an option, you can always paint over the area that you filed down. I too was looking at the Hudy last few days it's a little pricey and was wondering if I'd have the same issue.

These Cobra Lathes I picked up on ebay 2nd hand but brand new not used so it worked out ok, I didn't feel bad filing down the tower.

Max