Re-Bugged

Blue Edition Brat

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:50 AM, Mokei Kagaku said:

Official photo:

Apparently dark grey frame (darker than King Blackfoot?). Bumper mount appears to be dark grey too, which would mean that H-parts is molded in dark grey, including front suspension arms. If so, I would expect C-parts to be molded in dark grey too (center of gearbox, rear suspension arms, wheelhubs etc. Wheels, bullbar and rollbar all molded in black?

Unfortunately, the logical assumption that the blue version would come with the alternative red/yellow stickers seems wrong. If so, I can't possibly understand why Tamiya didn't revive the red/yellow stickers, which imho would look a lot better on blue than the black/gold stickers do! :( Can just hope that both are included, but I don't really believe so.

8334aff0131914eddcabde49ec20ccff.jpg

i wonder what color that is.

i painted my crawler Brat with TS15 and i think it is ok with the black/gold stripes.

sb5.thumb.JPG.c81862973a29ab797ba300c0513acc1d.JPG

• Like 3

On 4/5/2019 at 7:25 AM, graemevw said:

Indeed, needs something more than just a blue moulded body. The decals may be different i guess.

Would look ACE on a chrome chassis, they should have included that. Id be buying a blue issue brat with chrome chassis!!!

Chrome Brat is already out there...  Good luck finding one!

There was also an Old Skool Hop Up via "CCP" or "Custom Chrome Parts".  They had a line of chrome plated BF items, including the chassis.  Here's a recent example on FleaBhey:  https://ebay.us/bs4dK2

Enjoy!

Terry

• Like 2

I'm liking the Blue Edition. Almost wish I'd known this was coming before buying the standard re-re. Oh well you pay your money and take you chance.

The black moulded chassis might look nice for a Blackfoot. A Black Blackfoot if you will? If available separately. Perhaps even the Black Edition Monster Beetle on the way will sport the Black moulded chassis too. While on the subject, a Black Edition Frog by the next Nuremberg Show?

• Like 1

I really like this blue/black paint scheme. Personally it is the nicest of all brats I've ever seen. It is a matter of opinion. It will surely be my first brat when released. Since I run my models, I prefer optional boxarts and dont think that phrase  "you can paint the body however you like" works, because a runner will get scratches and it is good to have the underneath plastic color the same as paint job not to ruin the body so horribly at least. That is why I didn't even bother painting my runner grasshopper :)

Has anybody picked one of these up???  I'm starting to see parts on EBAY...  

Specifically, I'm wondering if the BlueBrat chassis A Parts are the same as the Re-Re Frog (ie the same indicators) or if they are the same as the dark grey KBF chassis...  

I picked up a dark grey chassis on EBAY a couple of months ago and I'm wondering if its a KBF or BlueBrat chassis...

Terry

I would love another brat, was my favourite to run of the ORV chassis...

lnyH6JZ.jpg

• Like 3

Yep I could easily go another Brat, such a cool looking kit

48606210892_8ffd631b9a_b.jpg

• Like 3