Sign in to follow this  
78Triumph

RIP Brian Kinwald...so sad.

Oh, man... 

What happened?  He wasn't even 50. 

I still have commutator lube with his smile on it, right next to my desk.  (come to think of it, I bought it almost 20 years ago) 

iIG1e2F.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh... I remember him back from the late 80s - early 90s. Featured a lot of times in Car Action magazines and endorsed Trinity.

Rest in peace Brian. :(

• Like 1

Yeah, his face was on about every third page of RCCA there for a while... that's really sad to hear. By all accounts a nice guy, and undoubtedly a very talented driver.

• Like 2

Shocking news. I listened to him on several RC podcast and he seemed like a really great guy. 

RIP Brian

• Like 2

I think I read a while ago that he had Crohn's Disease.  Not sure of anything else.

• Like 1

Man , RIP. This just made my mind up. Next car will be a RC10 Rere championship edition. I had a RC Car Action subscription through middle school and HS before girls and real cars stole the lime light. Brian's Yokomos and RC10s were always features.  

RIP and prayers sent out!

• Like 3

Worlds edition ^^

RIP Dirtinator, when I heard the news, I went out and looked at my Worlds Edition RC10, and the picture on the box of him up on shoulders celebrating his WC. Fantastic guy, and one of the true innovators in the hobby

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Worlds edition ^^

RIP Dirtinator, when I heard the news, I went out and looked at my Worlds Edition RC10, and the picture on the box of him up on shoulders celebrating his WC. Fantastic guy, and one of the true innovators in the hobby

i have a gold pan RC-10 project that I need to put back together.  Now I'm thinking I paint a new body up as a tribute to Brian.

• Like 1