Andyfish2000

Alloy Wheels - Where can I get some?

I have a real soft spot for real alloy wheels, and this year intend to "restore" my super champ and rough rider, as well as a couple of others.  Where is the best place to buy alloy wheels from (new and second hand).  I did see a post on here mentioning RC_Lover (I think) but are there any recommendations.  I would also love a set of mini 4 spoke revolutions, but they seem to be like rocking horse poo to find.

Anyway, some help would be appreciated.  

There were some m chassis 4 spokes on ebay a day or two ago, expensive though although ive no idea what they are worth.

The M-Chassis alloy wheels were a pretty expensive Hop-Up when new so probably didn't sell in huge numbers which makes them quite rare now.

There have been some on ebay which ended recently - check completed items for a price guide.

The 4-spoke alloy wheels seem to be the more desirable than the 8-spoke alloy wheels.

Thanks for the replies guys.  So I will keep an eye out for a set of Tamiya 4 spoke revolutions.

In the mean time, where can I start to source other alloys from.  Anyone used RC_Lover recently on Ebay, and more specifically bought the SRB set of wheels?  Are they my only option?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Andyfish2000 said:

Thanks for the replies guys.  So I will keep an eye out for a set of Tamiya 4 spoke revolutions

I have a NIB set for sale. PM me if you're interested.

The alloy wheels really aren’t a cheap option at all, they do still look glorious even when in the packaging though! 

46687971264_af685450f9_b.jpg

For your SuperChamp, RCLoverr makes some good parts, or you could look for a seller on eBay: PMG828 who ships from Japan with some good pricing.

Are you planning to use these mini 4 spokes on your super champ?  They won’t work. There are several wheels on the market for SRB’s from entire alloy wheel to just alloy wheel covers. 

Hahahaha. No.  I now have some alloy outers for both my rough rider and super champ.  I still want some 4 spokes to put on a mini.

thanks for your concern though.  :D

I have several RC Lover sets. I really like the 1.7s. They look great. I also have a set for the Clod. Pretty heavy but look great.

pics aren’t great but you get the idea.

5943A394-A97D-4BF4-8D69-0CC96292F51A.jpeg

551322D1-B48D-4F95-BE68-4B35521E52D4.jpeg