Grastens

Tamiya 57409 - Lunch Box Mini (SW-01)

37 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Just ordered one of these after reading the thread I couldn’t help it :wub:

Where from?. Is it still available?

Thanks, James. wheelspin models are showing it in stock. Might have to reserve one and drive there to get it. Shame on modelsport. They said 8th August, (my birthday) showed it in stock, but no delivery confirmation and now, no stock. Shame on you modelsport. You did exactly the same thing last year with the 6x6 konghead. I got fed up waiting and built my own.

27 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

They said 8th August, (my birthday)

Happy retro birthday mate

Our local distributor in Australia for Tamiya is Southern Models, and they suuuuuuuuck.

ETA is early September. My bearings for it arrived last night.

I've got 2 pairs of this tire - I think it should be the same height/hub as the stock units, but better for loose dirt... 

Vaterra Gravel Spec Pre-Mounted Tire Set (2)

mine arrived, cute little kit. I have put a little brushless motor in it with a metal pinion not the plastic kit supplied one.

looking forward to seeing if will survive

20 minutes ago, ozace said:

Not far now

IMG_20190824_133610_243.jpg

Is that one of the 1/18  BL motor sets? I hope so as I think I have a few of those around needing a home.

3 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Is that one of the 1/18  BL motor sets? I hope so as I think I have a few of those around needing a home.

sort of, the esc is, the motor is as well but they need an adaptor to get the correct bolt pattern to fit.

I had some adaptor plates laying about from the old gws airplane days. Also I used a metal pinion with an adaptor sleve and set screw not the plastic pinions supplied 

Does the motor shaft adapter sleeve come standard with the kit or is it an aftermarket part ? If aftermarket, where to buy ? My kits are coming in a couple of days bought from Stella Models of Hong Kong.

Regards.

Joe Ling

The sleeve is something I had already, not sure where I collected it from. The kit supplied pinion fits these little motors, I was just concerned about slippage so I used metal.

The motor adaptor is also something I have collected over the years

On 8/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, ozace said:

mine arrived, cute little kit. I have put a little brushless motor in it with a metal pinion not the plastic kit supplied one.

looking forward to seeing if will survive

I'm still waiting on Metro Hobbies in Box Hill - this is what happens when you wait on the local supplier, Southern Models, to get their act together!

I'm super jealous now!

46 minutes ago, lsear2905 said:

I'm still waiting on Metro Hobbies in Box Hill - this is what happens when you wait on the local supplier, Southern Models, to get their act together!

I'm super jealous now!

I gave up years ago getting anything other that Tamiya paint here in Melbourne, Australia.

Trying some wheels I collected over the years

IMG_20190827_201952_385.jpg

• Like 1

Are there any tyres that more closely resemble the originals without being way too big? I guess the problem is that most of them will be for much smaller wheels than the 1/10 size it uses.

Hi All!,

I just built mine and I have the upgraded Tamiya Sport Tuned motor and ball bearings connected to a TBLE-02s and I noticed two odd things:

1. Steering was in reverse for L/R which was an easy fix for my Futaba 4PLS and just switched them (it could be due to the way the servo is mounted?) and,

2. I'm not able to go in reverse for this car. Tried both the stock motor and the Tamiya Sport Tuned motor. Usually I thought that function is regulated by the ESC, but is it the gearing/diff to this model, the motor, or is it something that is not compatible with my set up?

Thank you in advance.

The steering is a non issue and quite common. Servo orientation in different models means reversing the throw as you have done.

The reverse function is an ESC issue. Reverse functionality can be switched on or off. Have a look at the TBLE-02 manual for that.

Thanks Bromley!

Do you have this specific model and are able to confirm that you can go in reverse?

Thanks again!

EDIT: I was able to get this solved when I finally had a moment to take a look at it. Looks like it was in fact the ESC and it was a programatic issue. Found the solution online, the manual is a bit of a hot mess and wasn't able to find it.

TBLE-02s - How to disable/enable reverse function: