Grastens

Tamiya 57409 - Lunch Box Mini (SW-01)

So what else are we expecting to be released on this chassis? I’m sure there will be more, as it says on the box that this is “Star Unit Comical Wheelie Series” so surely there are more to come?

28 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

So what else are we expecting to be released on this chassis? I’m sure there will be more, as it says on the box that this is “Star Unit Comical Wheelie Series” so surely there are more to come?

I'm really hoping they make a mini dump-truck... it would be PERFECT.

9 hours ago, aconsola said:

Easy enough to make the 4ws kit.  2 sticks with 3mm holes 92mm apart.  I designed and 3d printed  pair, but could easily make out of any 2-3mm sheet material.

sw-01-4wsbar.stl 199.11 kB · 1 download

LEGEND! I've sent them to a mate with a 3D printer - I'll be 4 wheel steering in no time! :D

18 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

I'm really hoping they make a mini dump-truck... it would be PERFECT.

Brilliant idea, but unfortunately the battery will be in the way imo.

• Like 1

I honestly hope they make a Black Edition Lunchbox or at least the appropriate decals for it.

Also a Monster Beetle for this chassis.

The "new" Monster Beetle Trail being released is actually the Monster Beetle QD which I always thought had a hideous front-end and doesn't do the original Monster Beetle any justice.

30 minutes ago, Kamika007z said:

I honestly hope they make a Black Edition Lunchbox or at least the appropriate decals for it.

You can easily maka a Black edition by using the soon to be released clear body, two set of Tamiya Man Race truck black rear rims and MCI racing decals.

Im planning doing the same thing but with Grave Digger decals... :D

By the way I think that the SW01 is one of Tamiyas most versatile chassis with a lot of potential. It is a compact 4x4 gearbox wich could be used in a lot of trucks with different suspension setting. It could de the saint grail to pover up Bruder 6x4 tractor trucks or you could easily combine two SW01s and make a 8x8 truck. 

@TDanny thanks! Do you have links for each of these items?

I heard about the clear body being released soon, but are these the wheels you speak of:

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-54741-road-racing-truck-wheels-black-2pcs-p-72454.html?cPath=35_2061_370

What about the decals? I found MCI Racing but didn't see the decals for it.

EDIT: I think I found it. Just need to order the 1/24th size of this, right?

https://mciracing.ca/products/blank-12th-2ba52296-ea4c-42b7-9e80-a6bb76ddfb54

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Kamika007z said:

@TDanny thanks! Do you have links for each of these items?

I heard about the clear body being released soon, but are these the wheels you speak of:

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-54741-road-racing-truck-wheels-black-2pcs-p-72454.html?cPath=35_2061_370

What about the decals? I found MCI Racing but didn't see the decals for it.

EDIT: I think I found it. Just need to order the 1/24th size of this, right?

https://mciracing.ca/products/blank-12th-2ba52296-ea4c-42b7-9e80-a6bb76ddfb54

Thank you!

Hello, yes all correct... ;)

The wheels are direct fit for the tires and chassis. The LB mini has the Race Truck tires stock. 

You only need decals for the bumper but I guess that the clear boby contains decals... MCI racing decals are great quality. I ordered one for my Juggy restauration and they were perfect. Just select 1/24 scale when ordering. 

On 9/22/2019 at 3:10 AM, waterbok said:

Brilliant idea, but unfortunately the battery will be in the way imo.

I already thought of this - and I have a solution. Basically, have the battery below a fake "filled" dump truck, as per this photo:

spacer.png

That way the sides come down, but the battery still fits under the "load."

Also, I tried it in actual off-road conditions yesterday... it's ok, but I think it's more of an inside RC.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TDanny said:

Hello, yes all correct... ;)

The wheels are direct fit for the tires and chassis. The LB mini has the Race Truck tires stock. 

You only need decals for the bumper but I guess that the clear boby contains decals... MCI racing decals are great quality. I ordered one for my Juggy restauration and they were perfect. Just select 1/24 scale when ordering. 

Thanks @TDanny. I ordered a single set to see how it goes. 

I'm hoping the decals come with the clear body set when it comes out, I would use those decals for the bumper. 

7 hours ago, Kamika007z said:

I ordered a single set to see how it goes. 

One example here with black rear truck tires: 

5 hours ago, TDanny said:

One example here with black rear truck tires: 

Nice! I ordered those tires. But I also ordered the decals sheet in 1/24th scale. 

The red chassis along with clear chassis parts will be available as a hop up

So I got those arms 3D printed, and even though I've installed them I've got no rear steering. All I've done is ruin my truck by adjusting all the links, 'unlocking' the rear arms to swivel etc. An hour later my truck doesn't turn while wheely-ing and is poo.

Bother.

@joeling,

Looks great!

I built mine about a month ago and while it came out better than I thought... the body that is... I forgot to remove the top clear plastic laminate after I cut the body!! :rolleyes::o:lol:

Still looks good though...

IMG_20191006_082629.jpg

• Like 3

@Badcrumble that's exactly what I was after when I got my Dancing Rider. I ended up buying the absurdly expensive LiFe battery and spent a day searching for a balance board to charge the thing! That'd be spot on with a Hobbywing 1060.

14 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

@Badcrumble that's exactly what I was after when I got my Dancing Rider. I ended up buying the absurdly expensive LiFe battery and spent a day searching for a balance board to charge the thing! That'd be spot on with a Hobbywing 1060.

Oddly enough, it is the LiFe I’m keen to move to rather than LiPo. If only I could find a Tamiya charger in the UK...though it looks like Tamico have some options...

45 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Oddly enough, it is the LiFe I’m keen to move to rather than LiPo. If only I could find a Tamiya charger in the UK...though it looks like Tamico have some options...

I use this (I'm UK based) - 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-rc6-vsr-80watt-7a-output-ac-dc-lipo-balance-charger/rc-car-products/408440

With the balance board I popped up in the Electrics section of these forums. The charger is excellent, does all batteries and is easy to use. 

50 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

@Badcrumble here it is - 

That is brilliant, thank you. Time for me to drag myself into the future.

• Thanks 1