Sign in to follow this  
Peter_B

Quicrun 1060 - faster in reverse

So my boy was running his King Yellow today and complaining that it was slow. It is slower than his brothers Super Hotshot so I didn't think too much of it.

Then I had a go with it and found it went faster in reverse. That definitely wasn't the case last time he ran it.

I tried the all ways of swapping the motor leads and toggling the reverse on the throttle channel on the transmitter. But nothing made a difference.

What am I missing?

It's a Quicrun 1060, configured for forwards/reverse. Radio is an Absima CR3P transmitter with an (I think R3WP receiver).

I think you need to leave the leads connected as they were and switch the forward / reverse toggle on the transmitter throttle channel so when you switch it on again it auto calibrates that way (the beeping on the esc) 

I had this on my Absima transmitter.

It's not an issue with the transmitter, it's the way the speedo functions. The transmitter channel 2 needs to be set for reverse for the quicrun to auto calibrate correctly. Then switch the motor wires as necessary to get to go faster forwards.

I found this out when trying to use a quicrun in a globe liner with a light kit. The brake lights were coming on when I hit full throttle, and nothing in reverse. Changed to an older speedo with a manual calibration that meant I could the transmitter set to normal and everything worked fine.

We'll cover me in treacle and call me Bernard, I've "solved" it.

I'd forgotten that since the last wide open space run (where everything was fine), my boy had run his car in my folks garden. That time, so he didn't keep crashing in to stuff, I turned the throttle EPA down to 40%.

So it was all my fault. Oops :wacko: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2