Sign in to follow this  
graemevw

Lunchbox uprights, f103?

Snapped the steering arm on my lunchbox upright today. Are there any stronger ones? Ive seen the alloy ones but not so sure thats a good idea. I was wondering what the chances are of swapping the metal axles into the carbon reinforced f103 uprights. Anyone tried?

Lunchbox uprights have a longer axle than the F103, so I do not think the carbon-reinforced ones will work as standard. If a modification can be made to accommodate the axles, then it would work.

31 minutes ago, Grastens said:

Lunchbox uprights have a longer axle than the F103, so I do not think the carbon-reinforced ones will work as standard. If a modification can be made to accommodate the axles, then it would work.

Yes, i was wondering if the metal axles can be seperated from the plastic moulding.

I see. You may be able to try something with the 3.5 mm offset uprights, though that offset may not be desirable. I do believe the axles are separate on those, however.

The axles knocked out of the lunchbox uprights easy so ive ordered the f103 reinforced ones in the hope they knock out easy too. Ill confirm either way when they turn up.

Well that was easy. The answer is yes. Just knock the axles out and press them into the f013 carbon reinforced knuckles.

yxnwbvm.jpg