AshRC

Wanted: Wild One parts

Hi everyone, I just bought a part-built "spares or repair" Wild One re-release on eBay. Looks pretty good too ... wheels, tyres, chassis, body etc all look new. Not sure if it lived on a shelf or just got abandoned halfway through the build.

I have a list of missing parts, but I thought I'd post on here to see if anyone has any unwanted Wild One parts they don't need. Here's what I need

• Front steering ball connectors (BA16) x2
  • Front adjuster rod (BC6) x1
  • Roof
  • Body mount (BA7, BA18) x2
  • Interior (driver) & head
  • Gearbox & gears
  • Rear axles
  • Drive shafts
  • Motor & pinion
  • Rear shocks x2
  • Rear arm holder (left) (BB8)

I live in Dorset, there aren't any model shops nearby, so is eBay the best place to get spares? While I'm thinking about it, do parts bags come complete with all screws, nuts, washers etc, or do they need to be sourced separately?

Many thanks, any guidance would be most appreciated ^_^

B510D6E0-0593-4097-8802-A9B23514EDBD.jpeg

First day of Tamiya ownership ... already doubled what I paid for the car in new parts :lol:

You'll be better off buying a whole "bodyset" if you're seeking inner cover AND roof.

Steering links can be made with generic hardware, I use 3mm threaded rod for extra strength. 

Rear shocks are similar to The Frog's except for fins on the original W1... dunno about re-release. Need "short throw" ones though, so original part are best. Generic shocks usually long throw.

Install a full set of ballbearings if you'll be running it.

I’m quietly hoping that someone will have a spare inner or a roof. If not, I’ll have a go at making them. Full bodysets are expensive :(

1 hour ago, AshRC said:

I’m quietly hoping that someone will have a spare inner or a roof. If not, I’ll have a go at making them. Full bodysets are expensive :(

Guess they gone up nowadays? Last looked when re-re just appeared and the kit splitters were asking $25-30ish for the lexan parts bag which I thought was reasonable. Don't go buying it with the red frame bits.

Then again, don't think a retail-packaged bodyset has been re-released? 

(Afaik the original brownpaperboxed bodyparts set only contained the lexan bits and the driver head sprue. Red frame bits not included.)

FAV bits could be made to fit too, perhaps.

Then again, for just the roof & interior IMHO that'll be a fantastic job for 3D printing if you can draw it up :)