Sign in to follow this  
slimleeroy

F104 pro ii help please

Hi.  I have ordered one of these kits and just after a few tips.  It doesn't come with a specific livery for the body and I was wanting to paint and decal it with the Ferrari livery.  I know how to paint it but want to know if I can buy the decals for it from somewhere?  Also, does it come with a pinion?

Thanks guys.  Appreciate the help

19 minutes ago, slimleeroy said:

Hi.  I have ordered one of these kits and just after a few tips.  It doesn't come with a specific livery for the body and I was wanting to paint and decal it with the Ferrari livery.  I know how to paint it but want to know if I can buy the decals for it from somewhere?  Also, does it come with a pinion?

Thanks guys.  Appreciate the help

It comes with a pinion and there are many suppliers of RC F1 decals. TheBorder.com is where I typically get mine, although eBay has many liveries on offer too. Just search F104 decals and you'll find loads! I rather like the ones from RC Decals. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/rcdecals-2

These might be of interest to you: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F1-1-10-Decal-Set-Ferrari-Scuderia-SF70H-2017-Tamiya-F103-F104-Xray-X1/123655846205?hash=item1cca76793d:g:FqwAAOSwSwVaZz9n

Part 51397 is the complete Ferrari F60 bodyset including mirrors, decals, wings etc. Rcmart have 3 in stock, why not a complete shelf body and a runner body?

My TRF102 came with a 96t spur and 24t pinion for an FDR of 4. I ended up going to an FDR of about 2.5 from memory and swapped both the spur and pinion for 48p gears. It meant buying new diff balls too. All my race cars run 48p so it made sense, this would have been the only one with mod .4 gears.

In saying that I was running F103 wheels which are smaller diameter, if you are sticking to F104 wheels then you probably need lower gearing.

Note to self, change pinion now that i have F104 wheels on it...