Sign in to follow this  
Rb4276

What 2s lipo fits egress/avante?

59 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

All my hardcase 2s lipos dont fit properly. What are you guys using?

I don't have either in front of me, but aren't they designed for classic stick packs? If so, you can use the Antix 5200mah 7.6V LIHV packs. I have used them for about two years and absolutely love them in my models that needs stick style packs. You don't need an LIHV charger to use them. When charged like normal Lipo, that's what they act like. But if you decide to get a new charger, you can take advantage of the HV technology.

• Like 1

The main issue is the cable outlet, especially if you want to fit a lipo alarm. If the cables come out the top you need to drill the chassis, if they come out the end the battery needs to be as short as poss, although the battery tray is quite long, its just narrow. 46mm TOPS. I modded my batteries and the chassis to make it work.

The Problem with the Lipo stickpacks is often the length. They are always a little longer than the old NiCd stickpacks. On the Avante and Egress, you can leave out the front chassis pin, so the added length gets not a problem. You just have to make an alternative battery stop. Or drill 2 new holes for the pin, which could be seen as a sacrilege on the Beautiful Carbon chassis plates. For running, a foam block could do the job.

23 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

The Problem with the Lipo stickpacks is often the length. They are always a little longer than the old NiCd stickpacks. On the Avante and Egress, you can leave out the front chassis pin, so the added length gets not a problem. You just have to make an alternative battery stop. Or drill 2 new holes for the pin, which could be seen as a sacrilege on the Beautiful Carbon chassis plates. For running, a foam block could do the job.

The pack i refer to is actually a tiny bit shorter and not wider nor taller than any of my old NiCd or NiMh packs.

• Like 1

Thanks guys i actually found one, amain sells their brand protek 2s lipo stick which is made for the tamiya racing series and the same size as standard nimh. I will be ordering one of them

• Like 1