Sign in to follow this  
GTodd

Traxxas Blazer!!!!!

So I went on the traxxas sie to look at the Xmaxx and their 1/5 stadium truck, I know Im behind the times but man that blazer looks AMAZING!!!! Any of you have one of these? Or atleast the chassis? Do any of them come with a hard body?

Sorry for all the typos.  It was a hit and run deal!

I actually thought that the trx4 defender is hard body but it seems that all of them are lexan bodies

It's Lexan. I saw one in person at the hobby shop the other day. It looks OK, but the proportions are not great. The wheel arches are too big, and the roof is too low. It looks better in photos than it does in real life. The wheels look pretty good, though.

57 minutes ago, GTodd said:

So I went oin the traxxas sire to look at the Xmaxx and their 1/5 stadium truck, I know Im behind the times but man that blazer looks AMAZING!!!! Any of you have one of these? Or atleast the chassis? Do any of them come with a hard body?

I just received my orange and white Blazer this week, its pretty amazing to look at. It may not be 100% accurate to scale, but so what? Its scale looking enough to me. Anyone old enough to remember the Chevy Blazer will recognize this truck. My plan is to run it on 3s lipo, and add the LED light kit when it becomes available. Yes, the shell is indeed lexan, so no hard bodies here. I suppose it would be easy enough to fit one up if desired. Traxxas used the same TRX-4 platform as with their other crawler rigs, with those portal axles your seeing on more of in other manufactures kits. My only gripe is Traxxas is still using those cheap little mirco servos for the 2 speed transmission, and diff lockouts. But Amain hobbies has some steel geared, digital ones, that are supposed to drop right in.

I bought the TRX4 kit and it was a good build. I put a Jeep body on it.  It climbs well!

3oX4PzD.jpg

I really really really like the hard body Blazer that RC4wd makes, I wonder if itd be an easy add to this chassis!!!