Aerobert

Backing Colour

Good Morning,

Currently I'm painting the Chevy Blazer body shell for my Bullhead. The Body is paint in translucent yellow and purple. I have two different colours for backing, PS-12 silver and PS-48 anodized aluminium. Which colour should I choose? Has anyone done something similar and made some pictures. Unfortunately I have disposed the lexan scrap of the body shell. So I have no material for testing. Any recommendations?

Greetings,

PS-48 is intended to give a satin chrome like appearance. Google"ps48" and you'll see what I mean. It's very thin and must be backed with black so it's unsuitable for what you need to do. Go with the PS-12 :)

• Thanks 1

PS12 silver will be a 1 shot affair; however it’ll darken light colours you back it with compared to say PS1 white. 

PS48 Anodised Aluminium can be put behind translucent colours to give a “candy” effect; it’ll need backing with PS5 Black. Similar 1-shot result can be had with Bright Silver PS41 too, so that’s easier :) 

• Thanks 1

An empty plastic drink bottle (Coke, water etc) cut in half can be used for testing spray colour. 

• Thanks 1

And please post up the finished results sat atop your Bullhead, sounds like a nice hat ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Google"ps48" and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks. I've already googled PS-48 and that was the reason I've bought it. I will it be at least used to paint the front bumper.

9 hours ago, WillyChang said:

PS48 Anodised Aluminium can be put behind translucent colours to give a “candy” effect;

That's a little bit what I'm looking for.

10 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Similar 1-shot result can be had with Bright Silver PS41 too, so that’s easier :) 

Maybe I will order this also. At least I will have it for future projects. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

An empty plastic drink bottle (Coke, water etc) cut in half can be used for testing spray colour. 

Thank you for this tip. I have already start a test.

9 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

And please post up the finished results sat atop your Bullhead, sounds like a nice hat ;)

Of course I will post it. But it will still take some time till it will be finished. And hopefully it will be nice, up to now there is already a lot of work in this body. 

• Like 1