Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

SOLD - Atomik Red sensored brushless 7.5t 550 motor

20190422_173054 20190422_173106 20190422_173115

Selling this extremely powerful motor. Bought it for my short course truck, but I have sold that now. I have run it in the truck once and in my DT03T about 4 times. Its an animal! Don't let the low kv rating fool you. This 550 motor is a torque monster and easily equivalent to a 4500-5000kv 540 motors I have had. Would be awesome in a big, fast stadium or short course truck, or in f you just want to pull wheelies in a buggy! On the DT03 it's just a bit much. That much torque with no slipper is just going to wear out the gearbox. It is very, very fast even with no timing on the end bell or ESC. Turned up a little the car wheelies with no trouble, and simply refuses to get hot. The SCT flew with it installed and was pulling a massively higher gear than the 3650 motor it replaced because of the torque.

I am running it with no trouble on a hobbywing 10bl120 ESC and 2S. As you can see I still have the box and instructions. It's a 5mm shaft and it will come with the 17t 32dp pinion pictured as I won't need it. I will take off the flying leads before sale. It was brand new to me cost over £60. They were 200 bucks new a few years ago in the USA. Keen to get £40 posted to the UK (will post overseas at cost - DM me) to cover getting a speed passion motor to replace it. 

Would you consider a speed passion swap? If so what turn/KV are you after. I have a decent range.

H

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobgoblin said:

Would you consider a speed passion swap? If so what turn/KV are you after. I have a decent range.

H

Yeah, possibly. My ideal would be a 13.5R V3.0 MMM 3300kv, but something between 3300 and 4000kv would be good. What have you got? Could be interested in a 13.5 V4.0 if you have one?