Sign in to follow this  
Mark Pascoe

Help needed identifying SRB parts

Another mystery I’m trying to solve folks. 

These rear arms were attached to a modified SRB gearbox in my stash with the pins in photo 2. They appear to have been sleeved with a brass like material and the pins are an unusual design (only had 3 fitted)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

11EB077C-85DD-4375-9BE5-56C19A1A85E7.jpeg

hmmmm, perhaps some pics of the rest of the rear end - as it looks suspiciously like MIP/CRP suspension components.

Cheers

Darryn

• Like 1

Thanks Darryn.

This is the only shot I have before I stripped it down. You can just see the pins holding the A-arm on. The gearbox has been modified and had part of a Thorp/MIP ball diff fitted. (see my other post) Box and arms are both Mk1.

D09FD829-CB78-4E32-B147-E49CBCD901B8.jpeg

I bet those arms have bee home modified. CRP sold a pin that replaced the brass sleeve on the torsion bar 

Those pins with angled mounts are for the MIP arm set. I’d be interested in them if you’re not going to use them

18 hours ago, Shodog said:

I bet those arms have bee home modified. CRP sold a pin that replaced the brass sleeve on the torsion bar 

Those pins with angled mounts are for the MIP arm set. I’d be interested in them if you’re not going to use them

Thanks for identifying the pins Shodog. So if I’ve got this right, they are in fact from an MIP trailing arm suspension kit and not for use with the stock A-arms at all!

I’ve got no plans to try and source a trailing arm set up so would be interested in a trade if you are. I will check this weekend as I’m sure there were 4 of these. 

Thanks for the input on the shimmed arms too, that makes sense, I know about the CRP rear A-arm bushing kit (1540) but this is obviously something else altogether.

• Like 1